Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
US$ 25
US$ 24
Orbitz.com
1,632 results
All reviewsumaid bhawan palaceindoor poolrose petalshistorical suitelike royaltytrophy barpillars restaurantroyal suiteart decojiva spapicnic basketonce in a lifetimered carpetbest hotel i have ever stayedroyal experienceterrace overlookingtaj group
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Never stayed in a palace before and this building fitted the bill. the building is extraordinary with huge gardens with peacocks. The staff were extremely keen to please and were very helpful and courteous.

Great experience !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ashish Kumar R, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Ms. Purohit,
Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!
I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time and effort in sharing your feedback as it enables us to measure and improve our performance in our quest of providing you luxury hospitality.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you to Umaid Bhawan Palace again.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Amazing city! Enjoyed the most fantastic service I've ever encountered. Gorgeous food, beautiful vistas & lovely gardens with roaming peacocks. Wow - a once in a lifetime experience. The hotel was truly exceptional

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank SwishfamilyRobertson
Ashish Kumar R, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Fantastic welcome was accorded with a 4 guard canopy cover honour, garlands and the traditional tilak on the forehead. The evening was spent going around the palace building and lot of information was given about the palace, its surroundings and its rulers. This was a champagne included tour and one could easily be transported to the grand old days of excess. We were upgraded from a standard room to the next level and the rooms were fabulous and the cloak room and extended bathroom were very good.The balcony was very spacious. The Palace itself is not garish or bright nor an air of flamboyant arrogance about it. The huge stone structures are no way romantic, but it gives people a sense of security. It is a grand structure and although one could marvel its mammoth walls, the interiors could be lit much more and the central dome area airconditioners work well, it could easily beat the Jodhpur heat.
It is, as many people mentioned, a once in a lifetime experience, but if one is expecting an ultra modern HOTEL outlook, you could easily get better. This is a Palace and the peacocks, swimming pool, the breakfast and exemplary welcome and smiling staff is definitely worth a revisit. The food quality is world class and the breakfast spread a Grand Royal Treat.The Trophy bar and the adjoining Risala restaurant were grand. We lived like the royals for a night. One really felt very very good. Well done staff for according a grand welcome and making us feel special. I have tried my very best to be as fair as possible to TA readers.

Room Tip: The lawn facing rooms offer better view. Huge discounts available now during offseason and it helps if you have stayed at other Taj properties around the area. Savour the bar and restaurant instead of in room dining.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mosomoso
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed at Taj Umaid Bhawan during our Jodhpur business trip with my company colleague and have promised myself once again book in this winter season for my family vacation. The dishes were testy, especially morning buffet breakfast with hot ginger tea. My I had taken morning ginger tea with my friends. I was feeling so excitement while taking tea. This moment was so pleasant as well as amazing morning sightseeing of the Taj Umaid Bhawan. Due to busy business meeting with our cooperate client we didn’t get more time to travel across Jodhpur and also hotel. But I have decided to spend 15days in this hotel with my family, so that I can enjoy every single sightseeing of this beautiful city and hotel. But this time I had decided to reserve the hotel Taj Umaid Bhawan through a travel agent called Toursnorthindia.com, they told me to give 20% off.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business