This was our second stay at this glorious Palace, nothing can really prepare you for that first glimpse of this magical place. We were very excited to return. You cannot fault the staff, the food, the facilities because its as close to perfect as you'll probably ever get. However...we were given room 315...a beautiful room alright but sadly on top of the very, very busy kitchen that works on through the night, we didn't sleep a wink and despite having a wonderful terrace we didn't bother as the view was less attractive than the gardens. I should add that on our first visit we had the most perfect room on the first floor with a small terrace with a picture perfect view of the most incredible gardens. This time we were unlucky. I did mention it when asked how our stay was and they kindly removed my drinks bill....a very small drinks bill I might add. Will it stop us from returning? Not at all but next time I shall take greater care to ensure we get the 'right' room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, TravelGuru, Yatra and Agoda so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Rajasthan