I liked Jodhpur - Udaipur has a lot of great sights but is very touristy, Jaipur is growing into mini-Delhi (with great shopping). But Jodhpur still has an old-world charm and best of all not too much traffic!! We only stayed in Ratan Vilas for one night but we really liked it. It is a small/medium well-maintained haveli/boutique hotel off the main road. There is a driveway/approach from the main gate, so once you enter the property, it's quiet and you can't hear any traffic. There is a lovely garden, a swimming pool and a tented eating area outside. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cold drink in the drawing room (which had lots of old family pictures) and then taken to our room on the first floor. The rooms are located around a central courtyard (the basic design of Indian havelis) and are shaded. There are chairs/sofas outside each room, so you can sit outside. The furniture is/looks antique in keeping with the haveli. Rooms were clean and well-decorated - the bathroom was very clean but it would be good to get it updated. The curtains were effective in keeping the room dark so that they never got too hot. Front of house staff are really pleasant and helpful - there is a tip-box system that we saw throughout Rajasthan. It's a convenient and discreet way of leaving a tip for the whole staff to share. At dinnertime, the tented area is candlelit and looks very romantic! The Rajasthani food was excellent and the kitchen staff were also lovely! We hope to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ratan Vilas was built in 1920 as a private residence by Maharaj Ratan Singhji of Raoti, Jodhpur. The villa is being managed as a hotel since 2000 by Ratan Singhji’s great grandson, Brijraj Singh. The guest rooms and the common areas are well appointed and arranged with care. Ratan Vilas as a place to stay offers its guests an eternal old world charm seamlessly blending with the modern comforts and an authentic experience of the legendary Rajput hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelGuru and Agoda so you can book your Ratan Vilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ratan Vilas Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Ratan Vilas Hotel Jodhpur