“NOT RECOMMENDED”

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
London, United Kingdom
“NOT RECOMMENDED”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

A rather shabby and grubby Haveli in the bustling centre of Jodhpur. The rooms are in desperate need of a repaint and overhaul.
Good rooftop restaurant overlooking the Fort.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank footlooseski
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We were three and we had a very spacious suite at a very convenient price.
unfortunately the third bed was not very comfortable.
the restaurant on the terrace is a must !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Walldorf, Germany
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Nothing to complain about with this hotel. It's reasonably priced, the rooms are nice atmospheric and clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast was rather simple but we could other good Indian style breakfast at no extra cost.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We have such mixed feelings about Pal Haveli - it is obviously a very nice place, and having done our homework beforehand, we expected pretty nice rooms. When we showed up, we were impressed by the surroundings, it's like museum, gorgeous. We were then showed to our room, room 102 on the second floor. It was a horrible room, spacious definitely and we could see that it can be a nice room, but just "pre-restoration". The walls were decrepit, akin to pre-restoration walls - peeling paint, dark stains, broken. We were appalled. Strangely, the room comes with a nice bathroom, with nice finishings. I went back to the reception and requested for a room change, they showed me to a room on the ground floor.

The room on the ground floor was much smaller, basic looking, and the toilet was a tiled affair, very basic. I hesitated and considered saying yes to the room as it was at the very least seemed clean enough, but thought the better of it. We paid for a nice room and I will get one, especially since we were staying two nights. I said sorry no, that's not up to standard and finally they showed me to room 103, opposite the decrepit 102.

103 was nice (great grand mother's room) - the room looks similar to 102 with two columns in the middle, except 103 is nicely painted with fresh white paint, and red/pink flower accents. It also had a nice settee and coffee table. The bathroom is very nice, lovely modern finishing. I was a little annoyed that they obviously had nice rooms, but showed me to two bad rooms in hope that I would accept. That's just cheeky and I don't appreciate such business ethic.

I reckon they should take pictures of ALL their rooms and post it online, clearly stating which room number and what room grade it belongs to. That way, guests know what they are paying for and can avoid my experience. They only have 21 rooms, it can't be that hard.

Location - excellent location to the markets.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NuttyCheese
Winnipeg
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My wife and I stayed in about 11 different places in India. This was in the top 3. I'm into architecture (though hardly an architect) so India's various heritage hotels were a real treat for me. I loved exploring the various parts of the hotel. There's an indoor lounge on the second or third floor (which is probably only used on special occasions) that was like something out of the Jewel in the Crown. Like everyone else, I loved the rooftop bar/restaurant. The view of the fort was stunning. The location can't be beat. Don't miss the marketplace near the clock tower.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple