We stayed 2 nights in this wonderful enormous property where you have the choice of garden or palace rooms. The palace is wonderful, with enormous rooms. We had the extraordinary queen's suite, with its two bathrooms. The maharajah's suite was also fabulous, and probably better, in that it had more natural light. The bar and restaurant are also amazing rooms and overlook the lake.
Unfortunately the food really lets the place down. Both breakfast and dinner were very ordinary. We went to the Raas Hotel for dinner instead one night & it was excellent.
Also there is no wi-fi anywhere in the hotel. I think wi-fi is considered standard in hotels of this standard today. There are two old computers available in a room near reception, but this is a long way from the palace in a property of this size.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WelcomHeritage Bal Samand Lake Palace is a fleeting distance of 5 kilometers from the city of Jodhpur. It is located on the Mandore Road, overlooking the astounding still and clear Balsamand Lake. It is indeed a true spectacle of a view. The heritage property is built in red sandstone & employs typical ornate Rajput architecture. It is conceived to be the summer residence of the Jodhpur Maharajas in the glorious past. The Bal Samand Lake was artificially created in the 13th century as a water reservoir that supplied drinking water to the city. It now compliments the lush greens and heritage terraced gardens of the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ClearTrip, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your WelcomHeritage Bal Samand Lake Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bal Samand Lake Palace Hotel Jodhpur
- WelcomHeritage Bal Samand Lake Palace Jodhpur, Rajasthan