My wife and I found Ajit Bhavan a nice place and we endorse most of the good things said about this Hotel in other Tripadvisor reviews. But this is not a Palace hotel in the strict sense but just a large haveli-type residence. We were there in the month of January for a week under the RCI. The welcome was cordial and nice, and the room given to us was good and clean. However the room service was rather slow, and on one occasion, the tray of plates we left behind outside the room late evening was unattended till well into the next afternoon. Also, the number of tea bags and milk sachets were limited and when we asked for more, we were told that this service is not for RCI members. We were appalled by this, but we finally got what we wanted only after we escalated the matter with some senior manager at their front desk.
The grounds are good, and one can stroll and relax within the hotel complex . We were there in peak season, and except on one occasion when there were some tourist groups from abroad, there were no entertainment in any of the other evenings.
Ofcourse, the restaurant `On the rocks` just outside was the saving grace both for some crowd and some music.
The washrooms were well-appointed with toiletries . The Hotel has an old world charm about it.
All in all, a nice Hotel to stay when in Jodhpur and to tour around the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ajit Bhawan Palace is the residence, for the family of the younger brother of the Late Maharaja of Jodhpur, Umed Singh Sahib. Built in 1923 for Maharaj Ajit Singh, it exudes the true essence of an oasis with magical powers capable of making the worries of the world simply melt away. The Palace Resort, has the foundation of a legacy that is part of the history behind the city of Jodhpur, it is about achieving a balance between history while enriching your experience through comfort & unique original style. Must have a Joy Ride on Vintage Car when you are in Jodhpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Booking.com, Yatra and Agoda so you can book your Ajit Bhawan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ajit Bhawan Hotel Jodhpur
- Ajit Bhawan Jodhpur, Rajasthan