“Ajit Bhawan a big Haveli”
Review of Ajit Bhawan

Ajit Bhawan
Ranked #9 of 99 Hotels in Jodhpur
Pune, India
“Ajit Bhawan a big Haveli”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I found Ajit Bhavan a nice place and we endorse most of the good things said about this Hotel in other Tripadvisor reviews. But this is not a Palace hotel in the strict sense but just a large haveli-type residence. We were there in the month of January for a week under the RCI. The welcome was cordial and nice, and the room given to us was good and clean. However the room service was rather slow, and on one occasion, the tray of plates we left behind outside the room late evening was unattended till well into the next afternoon. Also, the number of tea bags and milk sachets were limited and when we asked for more, we were told that this service is not for RCI members. We were appalled by this, but we finally got what we wanted only after we escalated the matter with some senior manager at their front desk.

The grounds are good, and one can stroll and relax within the hotel complex . We were there in peak season, and except on one occasion when there were some tourist groups from abroad, there were no entertainment in any of the other evenings.
Ofcourse, the restaurant `On the rocks` just outside was the saving grace both for some crowd and some music.
The washrooms were well-appointed with toiletries . The Hotel has an old world charm about it.

All in all, a nice Hotel to stay when in Jodhpur and to tour around the city.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lawn is better than those in the interior.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SurenKaushik
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed there in my nephew wedding. The hotel is beautiful surrounded by nature. Rooms are nice very clean & staff are very helpful. I stayed there for 2 nights for a wedding function & we had a pool party that was organise as a part of wedding venue. It was such a wonderful view i have never felt before being into many hotels. I love there ambience which is unique in there cheracter. I wish could have arrange my son wedding there & deffinatly with a marvelous pool party with hukka.. I love there staff they are very helpful. There breakfast is huge & quality of food is very good. Rooms are beautifully done. The best part was i have came accross to see "THE MAHARANI" of the palace who looks after hotel. She was walking with a lady & instructing him about horticulture. Front office staff is very helpful. I will come for my anniversory back to hotel definatly.

Room Tip: Ask for a Luxury cottage Room they are beautifully decorated which i suppose no guest have experienc...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ross3121
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I was there in January month booked through RCI. This property is something gem being listed in RCI list. This heritage is something unique concept in terms of other heritage hotels. Rooms are very nice. Staff is very attentive & they just work with your motion. I stayed there for almost 5 nights and enjoyed a lot being into very calm & silent place. I have travelled to all over india for my work and with my family but staying in this hotel i will definatly come back & suggest to all my friends & family once they should be there atleast. Food is qality & rooms are very decorative with there theam & design. The best part is wi fi is complimentry. That is what i suppose every traveller look into. I have also took a services of there Ajit Spa & it was nice massages they have i feel very snoothing.

Room Tip: Ask for a RCI room it is well spacious and enjoy there Ajit Spa massage.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 September 2012

i was on my leisure jouney to rajasthan. I stayed in Leela; Oberoi - Udaipur & many more hotels. I could not find as comfertable rooms as Ajit Bhawan has it. Roooms are very clean & aminities are perfect. Bed & pillow quality is very good. I had my comfortable stay. Food was delicious staff is very friendly they just love to serve you. I had a spa treatment it was very good. Being into many proffeshnal hotels this was really appriciable. i stayed for 3 nights & feel like homely. The best part is property is taken care by owner of palace & they really maintain it. Just will tell my friends who are coming in december to stay with Ajit Bhawan atleast of 3 nights.

Room Tip: Spa is very good and cheap & wifi is complimetary.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

When arriving we were surprised to be housed in thatched cottages rather than within a heritage property as illustrated on the hotel’s website. This building is apparently still used by the local Marahaja and his family and not by guests. Some rooms maybe within the main building but this was not clear. The cottages themselves were well furnished and provided all expected amenities. Although Wi-Fi was complimentary it was very spotty and only seemed to work next to the pool or in the main lobby. The opportunity to use a pool was welcomed but the setting and support facilities looked jaded. We used a local restaurant for dinner but the breakfast buffet in the hotel was plentiful and of good quality. We had limited contact with the staff but service when needed was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple