“Okies south Indian food in Jodhpur !”
Review of Sankalp

Sankalp
Ranked #183 of 388 Restaurants in Jodhpur
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 750
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: South Indian dishes speciality
Reviewed 14 January 2017

Folks who have eaten authetic south Indian food, either in Chennai or Bangalore, for sure will not like the food and preparations. For those, who want to eat Idli, dosa etc...can try once. Very costly though.

I went for lunch with my family last Dec, as carving for eating Idli was bugging, with lots of hopes, but Idlis were not fresh, sambhar was thick...

I eat this food almost everyday in Bangalore, absolutely fresh and much cheaper that what I ate here.

Aroma of south Indian food is special, it was missing. Call this food as "South Indian with touch of Rajasthan", which you might like or not. I did not cherish my visit here.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Prices on higher side. Food is delicious. Onion utthapa was small in size. They serve 4 types of chutneys. Wada has 4 pieces while idly is the standard 2 pieces. Dosa was also good. Nice change. Quite popular with locals - it was 80% occupied on a week day afternoon.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

I have been to this place so many times before but this time... It was difficult for me to finish the food. Service was good but Masala papad and cheese Rawa Masala dosa were not tasty enough. Didn't liked it at all

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Well I had been in Jodhpur for a week and wanted to try out something different hence went to Sankalp. The mini idlis that I ordered were hard though the chutneys and sambhar hit the right notes. However, the thing that irritated me the most was that the hotel staff switched off the AC as soon as I had finished eating. And it was a very hot day and the restaurant too was sultry though it was supposed to be air conditioned.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

First of all, I would like to start by saying, It was overall a bad experience
Now details:1.no guidance regarding sitting arrangement
2.we have order of dosa, prepared in butter, but half of order was cooked in butter and half in oil.. They didn't even confirm that the second preparation needs to be in oil or what..
3. They brought sambar only after, we had eaten the dosas.
4.straw for buttermilk and lassi were of such a poor quality that it was almost impossible to drink with them
5 and finally they didn't even have a working card payment machine..
Now what else can I say