“Best cooking school!”
Review of Spice Paradise

Spice Paradise
Ranked #6 of 72 Shopping in Jodhpur
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-operated spice shop that offers daily cooking classes, featuring homemade recipes and spice mixes that showcase the cuisines of India. Become part of our family while you learn about Indian food, traditions, and culture.
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have taken several cooking classes in Asia and this was our favorite! Rekha is wonderful. She is passionate about food and sharing her knowledge with others and this shines through in everything she does. My husband and I enjoyed everything we made and can't wait to try out some of the recipes. The chance to sit and talk and laugh with Rekha was also a highlight. It isn't often that you get this kind of chance with a local and can feel like a guest in their home. Don't miss this!!

We emailed to set up our evening cooking class. They responded to us very quickly and everything worked out perfectly. The email is: anilkumar20042003@gmail.com

1  Thank Reeds_Around_World
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband and I like to find cooking schools in the various countries that we visit. Spice Paradise was one of the best experiences we have had. Rekah was excellent in her approach to teaching. She would show us how to do it then would have us do it alone, while she supervised and at times "rescued" the dish! She gave us a recipe book of everything we made. The best was the saffron lassi!! She explained that the ingredients are what make the difference. The taste was proof enough that she uses the freshest and best!! Spices are for sale at good prices. Treat yourself to learning how to cook proper Indian dishes from a quality teacher.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We spent few hours at spice paradise for a cooking class and the experience was really good!
you learn about spices and cooking by yourself some delicious food, they also give you a list of recipies and all done in a very funny and familiar environement.
And you'll eat what you cook!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I can't really explain how amazing my experience at Spice Paradise was. I didn't know about this place. I was walking around and saw the cooking class sign. We walked in and that's how I got to know Rekha. I won't tell you everything about the experience cause I much rather have you experience it yourselves. I will say, DO NOT MISS IT! For me it was a life changing experience. The cooking (I ended up buying more than 12 different spices), the feeling of being at home after 5 months of traveling, and getting to know Rekah and her Husband. I think of her as a friend now, and I would come back to India, only to see her again. If any of you read spanish here is my Blog Entry about the day I meet Rekha: http://mochileras-asia.blogspot.com/2012/04/la-historia-de-rika-o-el-dia-en-que.html
Hope you have as much fun as I did!
Julieta (Argentina)

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

I hadn't looked anything up online, but saw a sign that advertised cooking classes, and walked in off the street in Jodhpur. Am I ever glad I did!

You can always see "another fort/church", etc. but cooking class with Rekha was undoubtedly the highlight of my trip to the blue city.

She is sweet, kind, a great cook and also a great teacher. We learned, watched, and participated in making all manner of delicious food, and got a great recipe book and several interesting tricks added to our repertoire. I am now confident of my ability to make my own delicious Indian curry with homemade naan!

Don't miss this. The fort is nice, but it's only a memory. Rekha's cooking class will give you something alive to bring back home and enrich people's lives with a living reminder of India.