Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Pukhraj Durry Udhyog
from US$ 20.00
More Info
All reviews beautiful rugs home stay lovely family hand made memorable visit durries weavers loom cotton coop handmade dhurrie homestay craftsmanship safari dyed hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2020

Me and my wife visited this place in march and we bought 3 rugs from them and we loved all.
Family were very friendly and show us their all product.
Hightly recommend .

Date of experience: March 2020
chhotaramPrajapat, Owner at Pukhraj Durry Udhyog, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2020

Dear Jas124,
Greetings from Pukhraj Durry Udhyog !

Thanks for hightly Recommend our work and excellent reviews for us. Your support to local always appreciated .
If you ever come back to rajasthan please visit us again.

Pukhraj Durry Udhyog TEAM

Reviewed 6 April 2020 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Salawas village and stayed with Chhotu and his family for a couple of nights in December. We loved it, particular the weaving and rugs. We enjoyed weaving together briefly with Chhotu and were given the opportunity to admire and fall in love with the comprehensive rug collection. The service was excellent - not pushy at all - and it was totally our choice to purchase or just admire. The whole experience was so good, chatting and drinking chai in the sun surrounded by the beautiful artisan work. I was super keen to buy some rugs and mats - this was a no brainer - and Chhotu organised everything to arrive a couple of weeks on our return to Australia at reasonable freight rates. We are back in Australia now and have found a home for the rugs and want the order a few more pieces, which we can do since we built such a great relationship with the family and have kept in touch via whatsapp and Facebook. I anticipate a follow up order + delivery will be no trouble at all.

Date of experience: December 2019

Dear Coolbunny,
Greetings from Pukhraj Durry Udhyog !

Thanks for excellent reviews for us. Thanks for stay at our homestay and buy rugs from us. We were very happy to host you and able to give you all weaving experience. Your rug shopping at our place always help to local community .
Your reviews will help to other people to choose our product.
Email- cmhomestay37@gmail.com

Reviewed 6 April 2020 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Salawas village as part of our Bishnoi tour beautifully guided by Om ji. The hands-on pottery experience, interacting with the Bishnois and the special opium ceremony, spotting the black bucks and the siberian cranes and exploring the streets of Jodhpur. But the one that will stay forever in our memory is the memorable time we had at Om and Chhotaram Prajapat ji‘s house in Salwas village around 20 meters from Jodhpur’s city center. We were served delicious home cooked food, had a first hand experience of the weaving of a dhurrie and the various hand tools used. We were so fascinated by the colors and patterns that we wanted to have one for ourselves and gift one to our friend. We wanted to have dhurrie made with cotton and using vegetable/natural dyed. Om ji patiently showed us all the dhurries available and we instantly fell in love with the green and also requested for another to be made in blue. They agreed to it immediately and promised to deliver within four weeks. We left their place satisfied with the experience we had and the great hospitality that was showered upon us. And in two weeks time, the blue dhurrie was delivered and we were so delighted to receive it. Overall, an unforgettable experience. Would highly recommend their village safaris, Dhurrie shopping and also their homestay if you have time.

We will visit them again.

Date of experience: February 2020
chhotaramPrajapat, Owner at Pukhraj Durry Udhyog, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2020

Dear KKranky,
Greetings from Pukhraj Dhurries !!!

Thanks for visit Pukhraj Durry Udhyog and for excellent reviews for us and support our local crafts. We were happy to gave you crafts tour around our village.
Your reviews will help to other buyer as well to support local artist . We promise you that we will always make and sell best quality dhurries so more people can buy easily.

Pukhraj Dhurries

Reviewed 21 March 2020

I recently had the pleasure to visit Pukhraj Durry and as others have written there is the chance to see weaver working, learn about the materials and dyes that they use, etc. The rugs themselves were beautiful with a large variety of patterns and color choices. I did not feel pressure to buy, but since I was interested they patiently showed me many over a nice slow visit and tea. I asked them to ship the rug to me, and left India. Within days, the situation for shipping was complicated by coronavirus - Chhotaram immediately informed me of the delay, and continued to write and update me frequently until my beautiful rug arrived. So, besides the very pleasant visit I want to thank Chhotaram for the great and reassuring communication afterwards. Thanks!

Date of experience: March 2020
2  Thank Mary_A_KL

Dear Mary,

Greetings from Pukhraj Durry Udhyog !!

Thanks for your excellent reviews for our co-opratives- Pukhraj Durry Udhyog. We were very happy to host you at our place. We were very happy to show you our all best collection of rugs and our interlocked weaving process.
As we shiped your to your home to my home and you loved that. It was our pleasure.

If you ever come back to india we request you to visit again or if you want to buy more rug please contact us so we will help you.

Thanks & Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 January 2020

very satisfying trip. about 20km from Jodhpur. Owner described the process quite well, describing how they prepare the yarns and colours. Very hospitable too. We went there without a prior appointment, yet were welcomed quite warmly! very quite and peaceful setting. A nice place to spend an hour or so. Ended up buying 3 durries too!

Date of experience: January 2020

Dear 2020yatra,

Greetings from Pukhraj Dhurries !!!

Thank you very much for excellent reviews for our Pukhraj Durry Udhyog !!!

We found you very kind to us and we were very happy to describ you our weaving process and about our quality.
Your shopping at pukhraj dhurries was very helpful for local artisan .