“Pleasant stay”

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Location: Perfect
Host: Good
Food: Very Homely

Perfect location to stay just behind Mehrangad fort accessible within walkable distance. Road to reach this place takes you through a typical old streets of India with shops on either side of a narrow road.

Host Sunil and his mistress were very good. Food was prepared by in their own home kitchen which made it very home like. The taste was good.

Overall very good homely stay. You will enjoy it if you are interested in age old India.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant

Reviewed 3 November 2016

During diwali , our family ( 4adults +1kid) stayed for 2nights in a single family room .

Positive:
1. Located at the heart of town, near fort, shopping area.
2.Very nice, helpful Sunny & Nina. Sunil suggested a very good shop to purchase Bandhej sarees & suit material. Thanks!
3. my son loved playing with cats
4. Its an 500+ yr heritage house

Family with old people may find it difficult to climb the stairs & as it is located in the narrow lanes of old town area , the car parking need to be done about 50mts from the guest house.

Overall I would highly recommend for budget conscious travelers & solo backpackers.

Suggestions:
1. Can improve the heritage feel of the rooms with Rajasthani style wall hangings + bed spreads etc

Room Tip: the top floors offer best view of the old town
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My girlfriend and I loved our stay with Sunny and his family at Amar Niwas. It is in a nice location in the old town in a great historical building. We enjoyed our basic room and our conversations and our advice from Sunny. Would highly recommend for anyone staying in Jodhpur. Great family, amazing cooking (thank you nina). We'll hopefully be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2016

After a disaster checking into a different hostel, I stumbled across this charming guesthouse, and they took me in when I had nowhere else to go.

Amar and Sunil were so kind to me, they offered me a lovely room with a big comfy bed, and a nice clean shared bathroom with hot water (not that I needed it!)

The food provided here is delicious and nice big portions of food too, at a very reasonable price. The rooftop has a beautiful view of the fortress, and the blue city as a whole, and there are many shops nearby to buy everything you could possibly want.

Amar booked my onward bus tickets for me, and gave me lots of good advice on what to see and do in Jodhpur, and not pay too much for it as well.

Overall I'm glad I ended up here, it's one of the best guesthouses I've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: All rooms have good features, with different individual character.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Sunil V, Owner at Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

thank you very much for write a good & Detailed review for my guest house ,
next visit if you are visiting India then i want to see you again here in my guest house at Jodhpur, looking foreword

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We came to Jodhpur with the intention of living only for 12 hours but we ended up staying for around 48 hours, thanks to the great hospitality shown by Amar Niwas. A special shout out to the husband and wife team which runs the place. The owner of the home stay is also a government certified guide so he showed us around the city on a tuc tuc for a nominal charge of Rs. 1800 and his wife makes one of the best Indian curries I have ever tasted in India. I will definitely stay here again if I ever visit Jodhpur again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your good review about me & my guest house.
looking foreword