“Great stay at Amar Niwas! Aweomse family :)”

and 1 more site!
Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 192 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My girlfriend and I loved our stay with Sunny and his family at Amar Niwas. It is in a nice location in the old town in a great historical building. We enjoyed our basic room and our conversations and our advice from Sunny. Would highly recommend for anyone staying in Jodhpur. Great family, amazing cooking (thank you nina). We'll hopefully be back soon!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

After a disaster checking into a different hostel, I stumbled across this charming guesthouse, and they took me in when I had nowhere else to go.

Amar and Sunil were so kind to me, they offered me a lovely room with a big comfy bed, and a nice clean shared bathroom with hot water (not that I needed it!)

The food provided here is delicious and nice big portions of food too, at a very reasonable price. The rooftop has a beautiful view of the fortress, and the blue city as a whole, and there are many shops nearby to buy everything you could possibly want.

Amar booked my onward bus tickets for me, and gave me lots of good advice on what to see and do in Jodhpur, and not pay too much for it as well.

Overall I'm glad I ended up here, it's one of the best guesthouses I've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: All rooms have good features, with different individual character.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Sunil V, Owner at Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

thank you very much for write a good & Detailed review for my guest house ,
next visit if you are visiting India then i want to see you again here in my guest house at Jodhpur, looking foreword

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We came to Jodhpur with the intention of living only for 12 hours but we ended up staying for around 48 hours, thanks to the great hospitality shown by Amar Niwas. A special shout out to the husband and wife team which runs the place. The owner of the home stay is also a government certified guide so he showed us around the city on a tuc tuc for a nominal charge of Rs. 1800 and his wife makes one of the best Indian curries I have ever tasted in India. I will definitely stay here again if I ever visit Jodhpur again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your good review about me & my guest house.
looking foreword

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Its a family run guesthouse located in Navchokia place in heart of Jodhpur offering direct view of Mehrangarh Fort from rooftop. The fort is also walking distance from here but its more of a upsteep climb but you wont mind walking cause it gives very good views exclusive for people who go from there. More suitables for solo travellers and group of friends. Families can also accommodate. Home cooked food provided is really delicious and must try. Do not expect luxuries of 5star resort but yes if you want to get a feel of local life who can certainly stay here.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Thank you very much for this good reviews .visit again if possible ,
looking foreword

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Rooftop has nice view of old city and location is close to the fort. That is about the only positive thing I could say.

Room was overpriced for what it was and bed linen was filthy. Sunil the owner was pushy and extremely dishonest. More worried about making money. He was complaining how another guest didn't want to pay for his extremely over priced scooter tour of the city and couldn't wait for them to leave his guest house. He was happy to organise transportation and other tours but only for the fact that you pay him and he would pay the driver ( and take his cut) .

Really disappointed as this place has such a high rating but There are plenty of other places in the area for half the price so I would advice highly to look elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple