“Oh my god!”

and 1 more site!
Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 193 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 December 2015

This is not a guest house, it is a house. Two much dangarous staircase and tiny rooms and bathroom is not attached. Guest house placed in the city far from tourist spot. And higher ground from normal place. This place is not good for old people, people with leg problems etc. Neibourhood is very crowded and dirty.

Room Tip: no suggesions...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Amar Niwas Guest House & Restaurant

Reviewed 12 December 2015

We found this tiny but cozy guesthouse while searching for a breakfast in the "old blue city" part of Jodhpur. The owner and his wife were very talkative and helpful, breakfast (indian or western style) was very good and cheap, and the views of the fort and the blue part of Jodhpur were the best conclusion for our short stay in this city. Very recommended!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Sunil and his wife run a quaint, no frills home stay. The rooms are fine if a little dusty but have loads of charm. The food is great and the location is very good, close to the fort and 15 mins to clock tower. I found Sunil to be very friendly and kind as is his wife and son. If you want 5 star stay away. If you want an authentic Indian home, this is your place. Overall very pleased.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2015

When I arrived there I was welcomed warmly and my room was ok. The bathroom was a bit dirty but standard for India. I had a delicious home cooked meal and went to bed. Two hours later I woke shivering and with very bad belly ( I'm being euphemistic in case anyone is squeamish).
I had planned to stay for two nights but ended up staying for five as I was so sick. Neena and Sunil were wonderful, bringing me food, water and medicine. They were extremely kind. I couldn't leave my room as I was so ill and Sunil got medicine for me and also phoned a couple of doctors. They brought me a table and food on a tray.

BUT

On the third day, I was lying on my bed, thankfully fully clothed, and Sunil just walked in WITH A FRIEND OF HIS, to show him the renovations he had done. I was speechless. As a solo female traveller, I felt that he wouldn't have done that to a man.

And today, when I left, still not fully recovered, as he knew, he booked a bus to Ajmer for me. I asked if it was the Volvo bus and he said it was similar. He charged me Rs400. Luckily I met another solo female traveller at the bus stand at 7 am. He told me the bus takes about 4 hours.

It was basically a local bus that stopped at every village. It took 6 hours. The other traveller had been charged Rs250 ( by her hotel) for a journey 150km longer than mine. But the worst thing was that it did not go to Ajmer bus station but just dumped me by the side of a main road somewhere on the outskirts where there was one tuk tuk driver who refused to take me to the bus station, but insisted on driving me to my destination town..a long, scary very uncomfortable journey alone through countryside and then also dumped me on the edge of town.
If I hadn't still been ill I would have been more assertive but I felt very vulnerable.

I also heard him haranguing another female guest while she was eating about her boyfriend's sperm count ( I'm not making this up!) and hassling guests to write reviews.

There is also a "tax" added to everything which makes everything more expensive than it appears to be.

So: mixed!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank suekullai
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I stayed here mainly for the welcoming warmth of Neena & Sunil. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by Neena's smile & knew it was the place for me. The hotel is located in a good area, about a twenty minute walk to the clock tower area & very close to the fort. It has roof top views all around. The food served is delicious (they both cook very well but give yourself time for the meal as they are all prepared fresh). Sunil runs tours (camel safaris etc.. so do ask him about this if you are interested. I did not go on on one though so can't comment about them). Rooms are basic, humble & reasonably priced (they have a few different ones to chose from - I stayed in the pleasant room to the back of the hotel. As I said basic, so don't be concerned about dust, but all my needs were met). I felt welcomed, each evening when I returned they both genuinely enquired about my day and we had great conversations together. I recommend this place to stay, I felt safe (I am a solo female traveller) & I hope to go back & stay longer! Thanks Neena & Sunil. My very best wishes to you both.

Stayed: November 2015