All reviewsgolden suiteintricate carvingsrooftop restauranthuge roomtrio restauranthotel guestsgolden sandstonetwo night staybreakfast spreadswimming poolroyal experiencemanager mrhot waterbuffet dinnersonar kellacomfortable staycamel safari
Reviewed 30 May 2018

The rooms are inside the palace - so can't beat the location. and lovely setting of the palace. The rooms are nice but nothing particularly special for heritage property. Pool needed a bit of extra attention for cleaning. Staff were amazing and set up a roof top dining for us and good was great. Lucky to pretty much have the place to ourselves in the off season!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018

The Hotel is part of the Royal Palace. This building looks marvelous from outside.
When you enter the building at the reception it feels more entering a jail than a palace. It is dark and cramped. My room was a Golden room. It was ok, but not more. Service is average. Swimming pool is nice. But I always had serveral times to ask for pillows and towels. Breakfast is quite poorly.

All over Mandir Palace could be a very nice place if the service would be better and it's a bit better trimmed.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank P_P1402
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

A truely great experience. Staff were friendly and the service impecable.I would highly recommend this hotel if you would like the Raj experience.
Bhojraj Singh is a great hotellier and is highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to use this hotels pool to escape the heat and paid RS 450 each (we were staying elsewhere). And after 20mins of swimming I noticed my 2 silver rings, silver necklace and my boyfriends silver ring and necklace had dramatically changed colour which must have been ruined by the pool. A chemical in the pool had done this.

After speaking to the front desk the manager came to speak to us, he went off for 5 minutes and then came back and asked us to explain the problem.

We did so and we asked if we could have our money back as we wanted to leave. I would have expected the first few words from him to be sorry on behalf of the hotel, but instead he asked us to prove what our silver was like before, he said show me a photo! He kept questioning where we had bought it from as if to imply it wasn't real silver! ( they were bought from various different shops in the UK) and then proceeded to say this happens over time when silver gets old, which is clearly not what just happened in our case!!

He didn't even apologise and even when I said he hadn't and that we would of appreciated one, he said why should I say sorry. After much discussion he then just walked off.

He was a very rude man who clearly saw our young age as a vulnerability. If he had just said sorry and given us our money back we would have thought otherwise about writing this review, but instead be tried to patronise us and basically accuse us of lying.

The photos shows the 2 silver rings I wore and another ring I have that I luckily didn't wear. The difference is obvious.

Avoid this hotel with a rude Manager.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sophcullinane06
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

From the moment I entered this hotel to the time I left, 2 days later, I felt the comfort and cleanliness of the bedroom, the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff, excellent meals and above all the beauty of the stonework carvings on the buildings to be excellent. It has been a wonderful experience staying here at the Mandir Palace and one which I will always remember with great pleasure.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family