Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rooftop restaurant the owner desert safari place to stay beautiful hotel rooms are large sonar kella a wonderful stay tuk tuk amazing hospitality fort view amazing place comfortable stay sam dunes amazing experience maru india
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel looks great online but doesn't live up. The area around the hotel for all three nights we stayed smelled strongly of sewage, mostly because of the open sewage line that runs right outside the hotel. The rooms also smell, especially the bathrooms.

Our room had several lizards in it, which we didn't care about that much but I could see being a problem for others.

Biggest issue was that one night an outlet in the bathroom wall short circuited and electrified the shower water. I was shocked by the water coming out of the faucet, which was really alarming.

The staff at this hotel are very nice and in theory it should be a good pace, but it's let down by the basic functionality issues it has.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie P
Mr_Maru, Manager at Hotel Helsinki House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Stephanie P,

Greetings from Helsinki House!!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor on your experience at Helsinki House.
We have make the proper system for the sewage in & all around the our hotel and also we have fixed the electricity problem which is mentioned by you so there is not any issue anymore.
We hope this would not form a lasting impression of Helsinki House on you. We also hope that you would give us a chance to host you again. We promise a much better time.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

The staff was very friendly and polite.
The room was confortable and the bed also! Hair dryer available, Very good hot shower. The roof top with the restaurant is nice, very good and not expensive. Best night I had in India so far :) I also did the afternoon tour with the camel with them and it was nice.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoTortugas

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
I hope we will have the privilege to serve you again whenever you are in Jaisalmer.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I think this is the best place we've stayed in 3 months. I don't like reading long reviews so I'll try and just highlight what was so good about the place.

1. They met us straight from the bus. In fact their usual driver wasn't available so one of the owners himself came down. Great touch.
2. Welcomed in with a delicious Chai and instantly made to feel at home. We were told to feel completely at home, but if my home was like Helsinki house I wouldn't have left it.
3. We stuck around and chatted to the owner, the place and its name have a really nice story.
4. The Room, oh God the room. It was luxurious and really well styled. My photos don't do it justice but it was the most beautiful room we've had in 3 months of travel throughout India /SE Asia.
5. Rooftop views and really cool reception area.
6. A water cooler! Sounds like a small touch but with the heat of the day this bad boy may as well have been dispensing oxygen for how much I came to treasure it.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2017

We came with my sister and my niece and the experience at this place was top notch!
the location is great, only 5 minutes away by rickshaw to the fort.the rooms are well appointed and everything is spotless! The roof top has simple but good food with a beautiful view of the fort.
The boys at the reception are friendly and go the extra mile to make your stay a unique one.We tried their desert safari and we had a great time from the ride to the safari with the indian music full on to the safari itself that was amazing,with a good team of people,unfortunately my memory fails and cannot remember all the names but well done!
Will come back again for sure.
They made very late arrangements to take us back to Udaipur as our train got delayed ,a life saver!!! thank you again!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Helsinki House!!
I love to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the kind words regarding our service and staff.

We look forward welcoming you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Great location - five minute walk to the fort/city, of which you get a fantastic view from the hotel's rooftop restaurant. Brilliant value; rooms are plain but spacious and clean; staff are lovely, friendly, helpful and welcoming. Food is good and well-priced. Highly recommended if you are looking for good value, comfortable no-frills stay in this amazing city.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your generous comments on our amenities, service and staff.
I am excited to hear that your stay was great with us.

The entire Helsinki House staff looks forward to welcoming you back very soon.