All reviews boutique hotel jaisalmer fort virendra singh rooftop restaurant the owner upgraded to a suite lovely pool free upgrade rooms are huge beautiful hotel magnificent view haveli style tuk tuk welcome drink his brother swimming pool an oasis
Reviewed 13 May 2018

just loved everything about the place. From the decor to the location to the owners. The owners were very helpful and advised us great options.
views from the roof top is amazing - you can see the jaisalmer fort in front of you.

5  Thank AnjaliS875
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Just a gorgeous hotel built in traditional Haveli style ; beautifully decorated. All rooms are around a central courtyard . Ours had a magnificent jade green 4 poster bed and a large bathroom. There is a pool and nice gardens outside and you take breakfast and other meals on the rooftops terrace. Nicest vegetable biryanis we ate in 2 weeks in India . Loved this hotel

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan W
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Our stay at the Gulaal was beyond our expectations. It is a great place with excellent people and service. Victor did everything he could to help us with some problem that we had with a later flight. He was there all the time but in a very polite and discrete way. We had a wonderful and interesting conversation about cultures, history etc. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated.
The restaurant on the top floor was very nice too.These people made us feel that we were home. It was an unforgettable place and I wish that we could have stayed there longer.

Room tip: fort view or pool view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garyfallia P
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Terrific services and great ambiance...nice clean rooms and great restaurant services. Staff is very cordial and cooperative. Always ready to accommodate your request and always smiling and humble. with very Will love to visit again

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My family (2 teenage boys, husband and I) stayed in this amazing luxury haveli March 2017. We had 2 rooms: blue and green. They were so beautiful, they took my breath away every time I went in. Attention to detail, old world charm, history with new world comfort. The roof top restaurant was also a favorite of ours. Sitting and having a drink or supper watching the sun go down over the desert. The fort lit up at night is a sight to remember. My husband is a vegetarian. They have great vegetarian dishes. And their butter chicken was fantastic (I'm not a vegetarian)My husband and I also had a massage. Great.
We loved the pool. It was a beautiful break from the heat. fun to watch the birds come down for a swim and a drink.

The Haveli owner, Victor, was also very attentive and caring. One of my sons was sick when we arrived. They made his stay comfy and catered to his every need. We felt as though we were being treated like family. I can see why this hotel has been rated as #1 for years. It holds a special place in our hearts.
we had a guide to show us around fort: Puri. His english was very good, honest and went out of his way for us: Gadsi Sagar, Jain temples (very beautiful), cannon view point, Maharaja Havelis and royal palace. Nathmal -ki-haveli, Patwa-ki-haveli.

We also did a sunset camel ride in Kuri (40 km out of Jaislamer - single lane windy road). Passes interesting villages on the way. Great sand dunes, way less busy than Sam. Beautiful sunset, great experience. The wild peacocks were amazing. I didn't know they could fly. They were flying up into the trees for night time.
Jaislamer should not be missed, and the gulaal is gem.

The fort is a unesco world heritage site and it is being damaged by water usage. Please enjoy the fort - but do not stay in the fort.

Room tip: blue and green are the most beautiful. Gold has the best view of fort. all are fantastic
Date of stay: May 2017