Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews living fort heritage walk jaisalmer fort place to stay kachori small hotel rooftop terrace breakfast was delicious entire city once in a lifetime unique experience chai sitting area stay inside the fort hot water wonderful hospitality his brother
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We really loved our stay in Killa Bahwan and definitely made our stay in Jaisalmer a great experience!
It is located inside the fort and I guess saying that we stayed in a fort that is over 800 years old and people still live in there is amazing. The hotel has all modern comforts (hot water, air conditioning, very comfortable beds…) plus some rooms have a private balcony with stunning views.
Having breakfast in one of the hotel’s terraces was amazing and I would come back if I ever visit Jaisalmer again.
The only thing we really missed is the fact that they don’t have a restaurant as we found that the fort’s restaurants were not that good…they offered a Thali service but we did not try it.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017

It is incredible to stay in historic place turned into a hotel.
It is beautiful with great terraces and a fantastic view.
BUT with few touches it could turn into a GREAT place, the bathrooms for example. the plastic curtain was pretty old and the shower head was spraying water everywhere so I had to clean it myself and it was great afterwords... and since there is not really much to do on evenings, I would ad TVs on the rooms...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Galipan73
lucalucaji, Owner at Hotel Killa Bhawan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Sir

I'm the owner of Killa Bhawan and was quite displeased reading your comment. i deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused and assure you that we will take care of the shower situation you have described.
But I cannot follow you on the TV issue as we feel that a TV wouldn't be appropriate in such a place....The windows with the view they offer replace even the best of TV program...!
I hope you understand.
Thansk again for staying with us, cheers
Luca Borella

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Beautiful and exotic property located in the actual fort of Jaisalmer.

I almost skipped over Jaisalmer in planning my itinerary, but staying at this hotel made me so happy I did not.

It must be said that this hotel is actually IN THE FORT, so it would be absurd to think you can find all 5 star amenities and such that you might at other high-end hotels. That being said, you have all you need here, a warm, comfortable and inviting atmosphere combined with one of the most exotic locations we stayed in all our trip.

The property is a well maintained, very clean, multi-layered, multi-terraced, haveli with quaint courtyards, balconies and sitting rooms all within the fort. The terraces offer fantastic views of the rest of the fort as well as the city beyond. The included breakfast is modest but nice with choice of a few well prepared dishes. You may chose to eat in a number of places, several which offer wonderful views of the sprawl of the fort.

The location is great. Easy to access all of the fort (you are after all in it) as well as the city which lies right at the foot of the fort.

The rooms are clean, well appointed with antique furnishings and quite comfortable. The linens were clean and white and bed mattress was comfortable. There is no TV (which is very nice), but there is WiFi, A/C, and heat for if the nights get cold. Our room had a detached bathroom which was very clean, our own balcony facing the courtyard and an attached sitting area with wonderful views of the city.

The staff is fantastic. They work hard. The younger Nepalese boys are very accommodating and the manager Manu is fantastic. From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed and made to feel so at home in every way.

If ever I return to Jaisalmer, I would never consider staying anywhere else.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank giolibertino
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

You choose this hotel in the fort because precisely of that. It is located inside Jaisalmer fort, the only working fort in India where there are over 300 families living inside the fort. It is not everyday that you can say you have stayed in a fort that is over 800 years old.

Killa Bhawan has the modern comforts that you would expect from a modern hotel - plumbing, hot and cold water, air conditioning yet it has not lost its old world charm. I got one of the deluxe rooms where I had my own private Juliet balcony overlooking the 'downtown' of Jaisalmer.

Every morning I had breakfast on the terrace with a breathtaking view of the fort and surrounding area.

1  Thank Viwan O
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Brilliant accommodation in the Jaisalmer Fort. Wonderful location, engaging proprietor, very nice and professional staff, great view from the terrace at breakfast. All sights easily to be reached on foot. We loved it! Stayed two nights?

Trip type: Travelled with family