Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
eDreams
Agoda.com
All reviews living fort heritage walk jaisalmer fort place to stay kachori small hotel rooftop terrace breakfast was delicious entire city once in a lifetime unique experience chai sitting area stay inside the fort hot water wonderful hospitality his brother
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2017

This small hotel lies within the very walls of the fort. You need not travel for spectacular views they are through your window. The hotel is decorated in a style to match it's ancient stones that is positively thrilling. The staff are wonderful, helpful and friendly. The breakfast is very good and leaves you ready to explore the fort. The hotel is placed near to the main fort square from which it is an easy walk, or easier tuq tuq ride to the town below. Definitely the place to stay in Jaisalmer.

Room tip: Room 10 is amazing
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We had two nights here and would thoroughly recommend it. The room was nicely decorated, we had a private bathroom and a great view of the city. The staff were at tentative and the breakfast was good.
The price is possibly a bit high but considering where you are, the experience makes it a must stay place.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

We visit a lot of forts but how often do we get to stay in one? No amount of research prepares you for an experience such as this. This hotel, is among the few situated on the densely populated fort. The lobby, rooms and breakfast area are done up in quaint fashion with lot of wooden furniture and decorated with patchwork and framed pictures of era gone by. I wish they had a mirror in the room though. Must let you know that the part owner is a French national who resides in the south of France. The core team has been working together since the last 28 years. The point being, they are efficient and provide you with a great stay. One can spend time on the common verandah or the terrace if you aren't up to venturing out. When you do venture out you will walk into the hullabaloo of the city in a few minutes. I visited Jaisalmer for New Year's Eve and experienced lovely weather and saw some awesome sights throughout the city.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2017

You have to stay at this place to experience of the luxury of a fort!

Sitting on the balcony of a fort and having food and drinks amid candle light was a beautiful experience. We sat through on the balcony for almost like five hours both at the night and in the morning. They do not provide dinner or lunch but they give breakfast on order. They might help you by bringing the food from other place.

Our room had a small window with a sitting space. You could just look at the entire city for hours without getting bored. We heard that someone stayed in that room for many months and came out with a book!!! Isnt that amazing :)

The place is beautifully adorned and the bathrooms are very clean. The place has a captivating smell of incense that they keep lighting. You can order tea as much as you want to. Hotel staff and administration is very friendly and supportive.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2017

This was an exceptional hotel (only 8 rooms) in the Jaisalmer Fort. From what I could tell, all of the rooms were quite nice and tastefully decorated with local tapestries and artifacts. My room had a shared bathroom, but there was never anyone else in it, in spite of the hotel being full. Breakfasts were great and I felt like I could order whatever I wanted. I tried the "pancake," which was more like a crepe with bananas and honey...very delicious. Over the three days I was there, along with the pancake I had fresh fruit (a large serving, so be aware of that), fresh-squeezed orange juice, eggs and an omelet and, of course, plenty of chai or coffee. I requested a croissant and they went to the German bakery not far away to get one for me. I don't think the croissant is worth the special trip as the food at the hotel was better than the croissant. The staff were wonderful, friendly and very accommodating.

An important thing guests should be advised of, which I believe is an issue throughout most of Jaisalmer, is that the electricity seems to go out daily. At least it did each of the three days I was there. It was mostly in the morning and for not that long. However, there was no back-up. I'd recommend they put candles or lanterns around for people when that happens. (Also, you need to turn the hot water heater on for 10 minutes prior to showering, so no electricity could affect your planning!)

Finally, as in a lot of Jaisalmer, to get to some of the rooms and getting around the hotel, there are steps to climb, but not too many. I was surprised that in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer there were so many steps, and some of them quite steep. It wasn't a big issue for me, but if I had knee or other health issues it's something to be aware of.

Whatever inconvenience the electrical outages were, my stay there was well worth it, and I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Room tip: Ground floor room was very quiet and warm. My friend with a more expensive room was colder at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends