Lowest prices for your stay
₹7,952
No prepayment needed
Priceline
₹7,952
Agoda.com
₹7,051
Easy and fast booking
All reviews italian food rooftop restaurant jaisalmer fort boutique hotel the owner small things restaurant serves great view the entire staff fort view great hospitality wonderful experience comfortable stay memorable stay pets ambience desert
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We stayed here as a family of 5 at the end of July and loved it!The location just below the fort area is very convenient. The staff are really helpful and friendly and the owner Federica helped us with arrangements for our onward journey . The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed and the beds very comfortable. There are complementary snacks and soft drinks in the rooms and complementary water freely available. Breakfasts are great and there is a rooftop restaurant overlooking the fort with a lovely atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

What an amazing time we had in the 1st Gate hotel. Where do I start?

To start of with the rooms: exceptional look and ambiance. This look and feel can be seen throughout the hotel. Super clean and neat.

The staff is amazing. They picked us up from the train station and dropped us off at the bus station. And gave us some snacks on our way:-D
We felt very welcome. Not only in the hotel itself, but to Jaisalmer.

Also the rooftop restaurant is amazing. Make sure to check out the pizzas, you missed out if you haven't;-)

We have been traveling throughout India for 2 weeks now, so far this was the best hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I didn't stay here and discovered 1st Gate only because we ducked in here for a meal in AC. There are not many restaurants with AC in Jaisalmer so 1st Gate was a bit of a lifesaver in the summer heat. Our meal was ok but what impressed me most was that 1st Gate is pet-friendly and the resident dogs, a GSD and pug, were soooo cute and chill! It's not often that you come across places that are pet-friendly so I thought this place was a real gem. The premises including the lobby, restaurant and restroom were all very clean and the decor tasteful and lovely, and definitely offers some respite from the heat, sand and dust outside.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank curious_n_curiouser
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I can’t recommend 1st Gate Hotel highly enough. This is one of the pricier hotels I stayed in traveling for a month in India, but it was one of the best experiences and I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Jaiselmer. Everything about the property is beautiful and the service and hospitality continually exceeded my expectations, making the price more than worth it. From the time I was picked up late at night at the train station, throughout my stay, and then dropping me off again, Frederica and her staff took such good care of me that this was truly a home away from home. I was truly spoiled by their warmth and generosity. Thank you so much!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Exceeded my expectations. Warm, friendly staff. The rooms were large and beautifully appointed. Two headed shower. Great amenities. Bed felt great. The owner is a wonderful Italian woman who thought of everything, right now to the filtered water station to encourage guests to refill their water bottles! The food and wine in the restaurant were delicious. For you animal lovers, on the counter, next to the tip jar (which is common in India for tipping) is another container to accept donations for medical treatment for stray dogs (another common issue in India). If I ever returned to India, it would be to return to this hotel!

Date of stay: May 2018