“Great Tibetan food”

Free Tibet
Ranked #18 of 197 Restaurants in Jaisalmer
Cuisines: Tibetan
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The momo's (Spinach and Cheese) are just amazing. The owner is very laid back and he leaves you to relax in his restaurant completely. Even allows you to sit in his living room to relax.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Why this places has such good reviews I don’t know! The restaurant does have great views from the rooftop but that’s about it. The food was very average, the momos and noodles were rubbery and tasteless and the noodle soup was lacking in flavour. Wouldn’t recommend

2  Thank serenapettitt
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I hope what another reviewer wrote is correct and that money from this restaurant goes to a Tibet-related charity. Otherwise, it was quite average. Certainly, the view is amazing. I attempted to order dal makhani, but was resolutely told, “No,” without further explanation, and was instructed, it seemed, to order the veg curry. I did as I was told. The veg curry was good enough, but the soda water for the fresh lime soda I ordered was lukewarm. A nice enough restaurant, but nothing special.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I ate Tibetan food once in Leh Ladakh. Free Tibet has almost authentic Tibetan food but it was delicious. Totally recommended

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

we had the veg cheese mushroom momos & the noodle soup (veg egg thukpa) both were excellent. best momos we've had (and we've been eating them around india for about 8 weeks!)

the service was particularly good, super friendly. and epic view from the rooftop.

only wish we could have visited again before we left Jaisalmer.