1,023 results
All reviews ashraf ali the owner camel safari rooftop restaurant chai place to stay sufi music great view golden fort gadisar lake railway station sonar kella delicious food home away from home special thanks wonderful experience desert camp
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time at mystic jaisalmer. I am traveling on my own and I felt very welcome and safe at mystic. The view on the rooftop is fabulous and often embellished by beautiful live Sufi music which enhance the mystical experience of the desert. The food served in the restaurant is delicious and the staff very friendly. The owner of the place is a very good story teller and shared many Sufi legends with us.The room was very confortable and nice for the price(cheaper than normal due to summer season).Overall those three days were parts of my best experience of Rajasthan.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Located near the fort (<10mins walk) and hospitable hosts (E.K.).
Nice room with air conditioning, wifi signal is also great.
Also serves breakfast to guests's needs.
Two bottles of free water when checking in.
More bottles are also available when requested at no extra cost.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James P
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I spent the weekend In Jaisalmer staying in Mystic hotel. It is located outside the fort, less than 10 min walk. Hotel building is really beautiful. My room was very nice. Small problem with a/c. Food is excellent and really nothing is a problem for the team at the hotel. They brought me out to desert and we stopped in several villages enroute which I highly recommend. The best way to describe the experience is a feeling of being looked after and this was mainly down to EK (apologies this is a terrible spelling of your name). He gave me advice on what to do, where to go and really went above and beyond. Ali also really helped so much. In terms of value for money this place is as good as you will get anywhere.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We were cordially greeted b our host Ashraf and his family, and it was an instant friendship. Thex care a lot about their guests and we felt like we were at home. The place felt very safe, and we enjoyed sitting at the terrace facing the fort. The room was great, we had aircon and unlimited complimentary water bottles, which was a lovely touch. The crepes with nutella were also above expectations (: as a part of our tour,we booked the desert safari from the same place. We were picked up from Mystic Jaisalmer hotel (where we left our luggage) by our friendly driver E.K. who took us to the Thar desert. Over there the camels were already saddled and were waiting for us to ride them. Guided by Ganesh, we rode the camels to our desert camp, where we had chai masala and a lovely dinner. Followed by the sunset and a lively discussion with our hosts about the life of the locals in the nearby villages (we are very curious), we got our beds ready nearby, to enjoy the starry skies in privacy (we were the only guests that night). The next morning, after the sunrise, we had a short ride on our camels and were dropped off back to our hotel. The guys were very polite and kind, we felt safe as they had two dogs, there were almost no bugs, the temperature was just perfect. We highly recommend this hotel and the desert safari.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mara K
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was my favorite from my entire India experience! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They didn't give me complimentary airport transport and my a/c didn't work, knew this going in, no surprise.
However, they did watch out for me being a solo female traveler and provided me valuable guide information. I really enjoyed the restaurant atmosphere,food and the view of the fort.

I thoroughly enjoyed the desert overnight safari. Although, I missed the mark on exactly what the experience was supposed to be. My mistake! I feel so bad because I can't remember the gentlemen's names that drove me to the desert or the man that took me out with the camel. I couldn't do the 1.5 hr camel trek, so they tweaked it to 30 min. I had the best food that night from the 2 guides in the desert!! Delicious and lots of hard work. The guys were total professionals and very entertaining! My camel was very gentle and well behaved. Unfortunately, I had a spaz moment in the desert. These large scareb like bugs were everywhere!! They weren't going to hurt me, they were just crawling all around and over my bed pad. Yuc!! I tried to fall asleep in the wonderful desert with the stars all around me but I just couldn't do it. I woke the guys up and told them I wanted to go back to the hotel, 45 min away. They were a bit shocked but immediately jumped into action, packed everything up and we started down the road. They were so kind. They offered for me to stay at the Mystic Tented Campsite. It was an amazing desert camp ground with tile floors, wood bedroom furniture and a huge bathroom inside. The grounds were stunning, complete with a water fountain. It wasn't on at the time but it was lovely and well kept. Would have been a lovely place to have stayed with my husband.
In the morning, my guide woke me up for the incredible sunrise with hot tea and we drive back to the desert for breakfast. My cook had gone home the night before because I had wanted to leave. So, we had an impromptu brekkie! It was wonderful. I can't say enough lovely comments about this place and the people. I hope to go back and actually spend the night in the desert!!
Ps. After the desert safari, the hotel let me shower up before heading to the airport

Date of stay: April 2018