Hi, This side Raja Tanwar from American Express Business Travel.
I can’t understand on what grounds people have rated this hotel with “Very Good” and “Excellent” comments.
According to me this is one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed with. I earlier booked Deluxe AC room but after looking the condition of rooms, I preferred to change it and upgraded myself to Suite with more charges. I stayed here on 8th Apr’2012 but this too doesn’t solve my purpose. One of the WORST, suite room in my career. Details below –
1. Out of two fans one was not working.
2. Mirror missing from dressing table.
3. No glass on table and nails on table were rusted and dirty.
4. No curtains on bathroom windows and transparent glass (One can view from outside, managed by putting towel on window).
5. While taking shower, water comes out from bathroom to your room.
6. Poor restaurant (You need to make IMMEDIATE payment of your order once it gets delivered to your room, you cannot settle it later on at the time of check out).
7. Worst hotel staff and not co-operative at all (I asked for cold-water but normal water was delivered).
8. TORN bed sheets were offered for extra bed (On complaining, they said this is only what they are having).
9. Phone were not working so have to go down again and again.
10. Costly food at Restaurant.
11. After check-out my 2yr old daughter want to go for toilet. No separate toilet for guests/visitor. On urging hotel boy opened vacant room for toilet but charged Rs 20/- for this. Really unacceptable.
12. Costly SAM (Sand Dunes) / City tours offered by this hotel.
(a) Travel to SAM and back (Non AC) + Camel ride – Rs 900/- but same was offered was local person for Rs 400/-
(b) Travel to SAM and back (Non AC) + Camel Ride + Traditional Dance performances + Dinner – Rs 1450/- and same was offered by locals at Rs 750/-
13. Worst surrounding (Auto repair workshop just outside hotel and pigs/open drain nearby).
I would request you all please DO NOT GO for such poor and worst hotel and service.
I arranged my travel in (Non AC Bolero) – (Sand Dunes + Camel Ride + Sunset + Traditional Dance + Dinner + In between village trip) with the help of my dad’s friend for approx Rs 500/
Also car driver advised me for sightseeing, I should hire an auto and it will cost me not more than Rs 300 – 350 for whole Jaisalmer trip ( Fort + 3 Haveli’s + Gadisagar Lake + Museum ).
Pls contact Mr Hayat – 09414365502 for good and cheaper travel to Sam (Sand dunes) and local sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Haveli invites you to Jaisalmer, the Golden city rising from the heart of the Thar Desert. Our hotel is located in the old town, near the fort where the market and all sights are easily accessible within a walking distance. It is made of a local golden stone and decorated with traditional architectural features. We offer a wide range of hotel services and facilities to ensure your stay in Jaisalmer to be unforgettable and memorable one. We provide:- 20 nicely furnished and air-conditioned rooms equipped with modern amenities (comfortable beds, tv and telephone, attached bathroom in each room)- different types of rooms (Standard, New Haveli, Deluxe and Suite) to meet all variety of your requirements, considering also your budget- our rooms are decorated with traditional furniture and other handicrafts so that you can really feel the Rajasthani cultureWe also have Roof-top & Garden Restaurant which offers:- exquisite traditional Indian (especially Rajasthani), Continental and Chinese cuisine which can please all the palates, both Indian and foreign ones- magnificent sunset and sunrise views of the Golden fort and Jaisalmer city from the roof-top terraceWe can arrange tour in/around the city, tailor-made packages in Jaisalmer, camel safari or desert stay at our camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra, Agoda and ClearTrip so you can book your Haveli Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haveli Hotel Jaisalmer, Rajasthan