1,151 results
All reviews flute player billiard room hunting trophies laxmi niwas stuffed animals central courtyard like royalty could have been better memorable experience beautiful property rooms are large thali swimming pool is off season palace billiards rajasthan
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely ambience of the hotel gives real royalty feel to the guest ,food is amazing here , specially the rooms and poolside.It is a jewel of the city ,overall experience was lovely and will visit soon for sure.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel rather it's has heritage features, fully loaded, best place to visit with family and friends. Nicely maintained, lots of greenery, it gives pleasure hanging around in this hotel, please increase tea varieties.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AshDugar
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my patner we stay in this hotel. It is very beautiful and historical hotel. It is belong to Royal family of Bikaner.
Nice Garden and carving with stone beautiful.
Management is perfect.
We love our stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Superb ambience with service to match. Room a little tired with some dubious wiring, no wifi and poor tv reception. Also there were a lot of steps up to third level. Elevator not used although available. Evening dinner in courtyard close to magical with super local musical accompaniment and traditional dancer. Marred only by insistence of nearby diner in smoking. The late Maharajah's daughter lives in attached building. We did not meet! Staff all friendly, professional and with good English.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Avante540
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We first stayed here in 2007 and were happy to include the hotel on a return trip to Bikaner, this time travelling with two friends. We remembered the building to be quite stunning with a huge courtyard and fantastic public rooms. We also remembered that the rooms had a certain faded elegance, but this did not worry us as we liked the character of the hotel.

The two adjacent rooms we were allocated, along with a huge shared terrace, at first seemed fine and as we had remembered. However, it soon became apparent that the room was not clean. The net curtains in the bathroom looked grey and felt really dirty. To cut a long story short, they were filthy (apparent when one was washed and viewed next to the others). The floors were filthy (even in places we hadn't walked). A call to Housekeeping led to apologies and a promise to deep clean the room. Some cleaning certainly took place, but the curtains were, bizarrely, simply swopped for some other dirty ones. Unfathomable. On taking this up with Ashu, the Duty Manager, things improved. He really seemed to understand that my concern was not only for ourselves and our friends but for future guests and also the hotel itself; it's really dreadful that a magnificent place like this shouldn't be well looked after. Mr. Rai Singh, the Operations Manager, also became involved and was most apologetic and understanding. We and our friends were both given different rooms, of a better class than we had booked, which were beautiful and, more importantly, clean. We were also guests of the hotel for dinner.

I learned that the hotel is due to be refurbished. I am sure that will automatically improve the situation, but after refurbishment it will still be necessary to improve the housekeeping. After returning home, I read reviews and it seems fairly common that guests are given upgrades. The rooms we were moved to were quite magnificent, but it was never my aim to get something for nothing. This hotel is, as a building, truly stunning, and with more attention to detail it could be a wonderful place to stay.

The pool is a lovely, peaceful area. I would prefer sunbeds rather than deckchairs, but that is purely personal preference.

Dinner was good, if quite expensive, though the breakfast buffet could have been better. Service was variable with some staff being lively and friendly, and others less so.

I think this hotel needs to ensure that its staff, service, housekeeping and so on match the standard of this impressive and characterful building. However, I can not fault the attitude of Ashu and Mr. Singh when they were approached about the situation. I really hope that they can bring about the changes that are needed. If I return, I would like to be able to give five stars rather than three.

Date of stay: March 2018