Laxmi Niwas appears to suffer from a proliferation of one night stays. Much in the hotel seems to have this in mind. What could be a fantastic palace hotel is instead an open storage area with cleaning regimes gone walkabout, as apparently, had the manager.
Everything here, rooms, lobby, restaurant, public areas, bathrooms, whilst all OK they would benefit from some elbow grease.
Bonus was free wi-fi in the lobby.
Niwas is a beautiful old building set in nice grounds but with fountains that did not work and electrical cabling scattered about. The hotel side of it is very ordinary but I would recommend a stay here (one night) to experience the building and see what once might have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace is a former residential palace of the king of the former Bikaner state, Maharaja Ganga Singh in Bikaner. This is a 106 year old heritage palace with 45 deluxe rooms and 15 royal suites, all are air-conditioned and many of them have direct access to an open terrace. No more than 2 rooms are alike. One can learn about the rich culture, history and lifestyles of the Rajputana Kings of India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Agoda and Yatra so you can book your The Laxmi Niwas Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace Hotel Bikaner
- Laxmi Niwas Palace Bikaner
- Laxmi Niwas Palace Hotel Bikaner
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace Bikaner, Rajasthan