“Rajasthan - Jodhpur, Jaipur, and Jaisalmer.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rajasthan

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
chennai
2 helpful votes
“Rajasthan - Jodhpur, Jaipur, and Jaisalmer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2008

Hi, guys last i went a trip to rajasthan beautiful place.I went many places in rajasthan like jaipur,jodhpur and jaisalmer.I am from chennai took a railway transportation to go rajasthan which ll be very adventurous and thrill.I took a ticket like chennai to jaipur.1st i went to Jaipur which was the stronghold of a clan of rulers whose three hill forts and series of palaces in the city are important attractions. Known as the Pink City because of the colour of the stone used exclusively in the walled city, Jaipur's bazaars sell embroidered leather shoes, blue pottery, tie and dye scarves and other exotic wares. Western Rajasthan itself forms a convenient circuit, in the heart of the Thar desert which has shaped its history, lifestyles and architecture.Then next i went to Jodhpur "The Sun City" was founded by Rao Jodha, a chief of the Rathore clan, in 1459. It is named after him only. Jodhpur in Rajasthan, India was previously known as Marwar. Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan. It is divided into two parts - the old city and the new city. The old city is separated by a10 km long wall surrounding it. Also it has eight Gates leading out of it. The new city is outside the walled city.

Jodhpur is a very popular tourist destination. The landscape is scenic and mesmerizing. Jodhpur city has many beautiful palaces and forts such as Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Umaid Bhavan Palace and Rai ka Bag Palace. Other charms of Jodhpur include Government museum and it's beautiful Umed garden. The city is known as the "Sun City" because of its bright and sunny weather throughout the year. Read on for more Jodhpur information.Then atlast i went The Jaisalmer city is a prominent educational as well as cultural hub in the region and regularly showcases the vivid cultural aspects of Rajasthan. Among others, it includes folk dances as well as semi classical and folk music.

The city is easily accessible and people are warm and welcoming. In spite of harsh living conditions, Rajasthani people are known for their warm hospitality all over. So come to Jaisalmer and enjoy the traditional rhetoric of 'padharo mahare desh' (welcome to our lands).I think my tips ll be very uselful to u guys.Dont forget to go rajasthan if ur planning to go for trip

2 Thank samiruni
chennai
1 helpful vote
“my lured for rajasthan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

In my view, travelling is the most wonderful experience of life. Recently, I visited Rajasthan for 15 days with my family . First we landed in Jaipur, which is popularly known as "Pink city". We stayed there for 3 days and visited many places like Jaipur fort, Jaipur Museum, Hawa Mahal etc. From there to Udaipur. This city is famous for buildings. We travelled by bus to reach our next destination i.e. Mout Abu, a hill station. The natural scenes were very beautiful in this place like lakes and sun set points etc. The next day we visited many temples, but the temple that amazed us was Delwara Jain temple. This temple is constructed with marble and is installed with beautiful shrinesThe "Palace on Wheels" has been rated amongest the top ten luxury trains of the world. Its splendid and enchanting journey through the bygone era of erstwhile Maharajas is perhaps the most romantic train journey anywhere in the world. for a journey into the golrious past of the state of Rajasthan. The enchanting royal journey, elephant and camel rides, shopping in the famous bazaars of Jaipur, dining at the palace hotels, discovering the havelis, visiting royal palaces, exploring the magnificient forts are the rich and varied experiences made my journey wonderful. The next day we reached Ahmadabad. . We stayed only for a day there. We visited Gandhiji's Ashram, commonly known as Sabarmathi Ashram. It lies on the bank of river Sabarmathi. There I came to know about the way of life of Gandhiji and about some things used by him in his daily life. We had to leave the Ashram soon as we had to catch the train home that evening. I felt I learnt more things on this trip about the people, places, customs etc. From this I can say that travelling is one of very important means of education.

I wish to see more and more places and acquire knowledge about them in future. .

1 Thank rhshah
india
“just amazing !!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2008

The places in the state were so much amazing and exciting,, just unbeleivable to describe, the beauty,,,,!!!

Cape Town, South Africa
4 helpful votes
“Narayan Niwas Disaster Zone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2008

If you are travelling to this wonderful town of Jaisalmer, make sure that you stay in the Fort. It just makes the whole experience magical.
We had the misfortune of being booked into the Narayan Niwas Palace by our travel agent in Delhi. She had not been there so she was also taken by its representation on the web... a clear misrepresentation, I must add.

On arrival, we were shown to the most amazing hovel - in a palace? i think not. Unpainted dirty room. No aircon. Cardboard on walls, just filthy.
after loads of calls to the agent and being asked to move hotels, we were given another room in the hotel. Apparently a superior room with a view. A view of the fort.. far from the fort.. and still nothing special.
Old and smelly. with the most uncomfortable beds.

the breakfast... hmmm.. NO comment.

so please.... DONT get tricked into going here.

I hear it WAS nice.... about 30 years ago... Pics of Princess Anne decorate some of their walls. .. ALAS

New York City, New York
45 helpful votes
“Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

My husband and I hired a driver from Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive for a custom tour of the Golden Triangle (Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra) in late May of 2008. We were very pleased with their services and would recommend them to anyone traveling in northern India.

INQUIRY
We inquired with several tour companies and ended up choosing Four Wheel Drive because of the following reasons:
* Reasonable rates - Their quotes were on the lower end of the pricing spectrum
* Flexibility - They can accommodate whatever type of package you're looking for, from a bare-bones package with just the car and driver to a full package including hotel accommodation arrangements.
* Email correspondence - Anil was very quick in responding to all of our emails.

SAFETY & SERVICE
They emphasize their driver's safety training a lot, but I didn't realize the importance of this until we arrived in India. Our driver, Pintu, was a very skilled driver. We didn't fully appreciate the skill of his driving until we experienced less-skilled driving during transfers in other parts of India. Not only did Pintu navigate the roads with care and skill, he was also so familiar with all the roads that he could easily find whatever restaurants and shops we pointed to in our guidebook.

Our driver was very polite and reliable, always on time and happy to accommodate us. His english was not fluent, but we could hold a decent conversation with him. He did not pressure us to go to any shops, but did know where to take us when we were interested in shopping.

OTHER ARRANGEMENTS
They did arrange guides for us at each city as well as other activities (such as an aryuvedic massage or a Bollywood movie). The guides were not official government guides, but they were more than sufficiently knowledgeable about the sites and were able to answer any additional questions we had about the history, etc.

We arranged all hotels on our own. We highly recommend Jas Vilas in Jaipur and the Trident Hilton in Agra. Hint: In late May, there were so few tourists and the hotels were so empty that you did not need to make advanced reservations. In fact, you could even try to negotiate with the hotels upon arrival for a better rate.

DRIVER vs GROUP TOUR vs DIY
We debated whether or not to travel with a personal driver, a group tour, or by ourselves via public transportation. We ended up using a personal driver (Rajasthan 4 Wheel Drive) for the Golden Triangle and then traveling by ourselves via train and plane for the rest of the trip.

Traveling with a personal driver was definitely the best way to travel! The flexibility allowed us to completely customize our itinerary. This was especially helpful when I was struck with illness (Delhi Belly). We stayed in during my illness and went out as soon as I felt better. Traveling by car was also much more pleasant than traveling by train (the bathrooms were so filthy, even in 2 Tier AC, that I held it for 15 hours) and less expensive than traveling by plane.

Furthermore, 4 Wheel Drive helped to keep us safe from dangerous conditions that we would not have known about. In late May of 2008, there were violent riots that blocked some major highways and railways. 4 Wheel Drive was able to navigate around the dangers and get us to our next destination safely.

2 Thank sherek

Been to Rajasthan? Share your experiences!