“way above expectations”
Review of A' Hotel Ludhiana

A' Hotel Ludhiana
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ludhiana
Reviewed 15 April 2012

had stayed in this hotel on a business tour which got extended so had to stay overnight , just went straight without prior booking , after checking 2-3 more hotels in the same vicinity , like park plaza ,khurana intl etc.hotel was fully sold out till level 4 , and bieng a club house disco on level 6 , they dont give rooms on level 5 , cos of noise , but as we had no other option so we took a risk of taking room on level 5 , even though lobby manager advised about the party going on till wee hours of that particular night , as we checked the room we were quiete delighted by the decor n amenties and had not expected that kind of level in a city like ludhiana from a hotel not bieng among any big chain.
as we checked in we ordered some snacks in room which were quiete good but as we went down for dinner , it was totally sad experience and so was the breakfast in morning.
during breakfast time we saw the cafe full and the spread was not matching with the guests staying , and choice was very minimal and basic , hope they could improve that sector else hotel is a good stay , must try to go to the club house as i could see the creme de la creme of city coming to the club in JAGS, MERCS n AUDIS , so seemed like a happening place.

Room Tip: choose room from level 1 to 4 , if you want a sound sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ahuja02
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Sir, We take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and providing us your valuable feedback. We have noted with pleasure that you have found our services to your complete satisfaction except the Dinner and Breakfast layout, we have taken your mentioned point as suggestion and assure you that there will be a change in it when you visit us next time. Do call me at 919779900918 whenever you are in Ludhiana.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Overall it is a bit tight. The costing works for it and the location. Rooms are ok, just ok. Service is not that great, food hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The room service food is better i think. Breakfast is not upto the mark.

Verty central low priced, good for a day. Services need to be brought upto the mark, this would be a ideal spot then

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank J_S_B40
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Greeting from A' Hotel Ludhiana !!! Thank you for taking out time for your valuable feedback. Sir, we have taken your point as suggestions and will definitely work on them to make us as you mentioned "Ideal Spot for Stay". Request you to give me a call at 919779900918 whenever you are in Ludhiana and staying with us. Thanks!!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We had stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago and everything was ok. Food not bad, rooms very clean, annoying cleaners ringing on your door before 7am to clean your room, despite the Do Not Disturb sign outside your door. We went back again this week as I had some work to do. My work was inside the hotel and began at 8am each morning. The first night I finished working after 9pm - had dinner, had a bath and heard some music playing at 9.30. It was quite loud disco music. I am a music lover so it didn't bother me too much. At 1.30am someone above our room started moving furniture around by scraping it across the floor for a couple of hours. At 2,00am my husband called reception to see when the music would stop as I had to be up at 6am. We were told between 3 or 4am. We moved down to the next floor where I would be working the following day to see if we could grab a couple of hours sleep down there. The sound could still be heard there as well. Eventually the music stopped at 3.30 and we managed to get 2.5 hours sleep.

The following day I could not go down for breakfast as I was too tired and needed the extra half an hour's sleep. My work began at 8am and continued to lunch time, but which time I was exhausted and needed to use my break to sleep again. I had to turn down work for that evening in order to rest. Unfortunately the music started at 10pm that night and went on until 4am the following morning.

The next day we forced ourselves to have breakfast, but when you're so tired you really don't want to eat. I had a 13 hour working day ahead of me and it was really difficult to keep going. I became more sick.

Saturday night was the worst. The music was so loud we could hear the lyrics. People who were drunk were outside our room shouting and unable to get into their own room at 2.30. The music stopped at 3.25. No breakfast for me Sunday morning - again I needed the extra 30 minutes to sleep. I spent my lunch break emailing an official complaint to the General Manager. I also mentioned that someone came to clean our room the previous day, and made up our bed without changing the sheets. A manager from housekeeping came to see if we had any problems, so we knew the email had been read. He told the guy about the sheets and the response was "so nothing serious then"!!!???

I never heard back from the General Manager. When checking out our food bill which we calculated to be 2,000+ INR was 6,500+. They had charged us (on our food bill) for an extra bed, which we didn't have. 'Are you sure?' Erm, go take a look if you don't believe us!!!

While we found the place clean, the food good (we were careful what we ate) - the customer service from management level is of the worst I have experienced and would never go back there again. There are plenty of other hotels around.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying there if you want a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonya L
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

First of all apologies for the all the inconveniences while your stay at our property. I’ll just explain why the rooms were not given on same floor as in your earlier stay, Madam as you knew we were totally sold out on that dates and we were even trying to find hotel nearby for your family but as rooms were not available and in some of the hotels budget was very high, so I had to request my other guest to share room with his company colleague, and by that we managed to create a room for your family, but one miscommunication was done that Front Office or rather I’ll say I didn’t informed you about the party in our Lounge on that days. I really feel sorry for that. Regarding the extra bed bill, the normal procedure is that if the 3rd occupant is above 10years of age Housekeeping automatically informs Front Office about it and breakfast and other amenities are charged accordingly, it was posted in your room but it is not charged as when next day it was reported to me, the charges were withdrawn.

I again apologize for the all difficulties and inconveniences which you went through and hope that if you are in Ludhiana next time you will definitely give us one chance to prove ourselves,

Reviewed 4 November 2011

This is a very good hotel to stay in Ludhiana, very nice build. The location is central which is very near to Bus stand and Railway station. Service is also good. But you can be annoyed by the wireless connectivity provided in your room. Enjoy punjabi hospitality but the parties and loud music may disturb you. Breakfast service is average and for dinner you may opt for good dining place around the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on Floor no 5 and facing the front are better.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank rrav

We thank you for complimenting our property. Sir, regarding Wi-fi we noted your complaint and have replaced all the routers in that floor and regarding Breakfast it has also been improved and upgraded. Request you to give me a call at 919779900918 whenever you are in Ludhiana and staying with us. Thanks!!

Reviewed 15 June 2011

Ludhiana as a city has umpteen choices and I made the choice of 'A' as advised by my colleagues in the city and I endorse their choice.

Typical Punjabi hospitality of food, room service as hall marks of this place which is close to a variety of places including the Bus Station, Rly Station and the business district.

The rooms are spacious and neat with trademark room service which helped us to guzzle down our lassi's to lubricate the paneer pakoda's. The parking is taken care of as well by the hotel.

I would recommend this place to the VFM Indian Business traveller.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Dias Joe K

Greeting from A' Hotel Ludhiana !!! Thank you for taking out time for your valuable feedback. we welcome you back to the A' Hotel, Ludhiana. Looking forward to your next visit. Cheers !!