Arrived into Ludhiana without hotel reservation. First checked recommended "A" hotel, but it was sold out. As it turns out...a good thing, because it led to finding fantastic Park Plaza just down the road.
From outside, the building looks a bit drab. Then you drive up to the entrance area, and enter another world...WOW! Courteous greeting from the outside staff, beautiful lobby with stunning domed ceiling, an adjoining modern and bright restaurant, and welcoming, helpful front-desk reception staff.
Comfortable king-size bed and comfy sofa in room. Spent lots of time there reading, relaxing, watching the news on flat screen TV (it was election time) when didn't need to go out. Ludhiana has very poor air quality, so this guest room and the entire hotel were a needed fresh oasis.
The public areas, plus the bed room and bathroom, were spotless, which is almost an understatement. Not a speck of dust or grime anywhere in the room or bathroom including corners with cords and electrical outlets (where "dust bunnies" often hide). Bathroom was modern, shower powerful and hot, amenities and big soft towels replenished twice a day; slippers, bathrobe. Turn down service in the evening, during which rooms were replenished with supplies and cleaned again. One night , I found towel "sculpures" in shape of swans. Fresh fruit delivered to room every day; plenty of in-room tea (and instant coffee) to brew. A lounge area in lobby has complimentary tea and coffee (at least,neither I nor anyone else there was chrged for it).
The breakfast buffet food was fantastic: loads of fresh food, both Indian and English-style breakfast fixings, and courteous wait staff, eager to describe the dishes to me.
Excellent service overall during three days. Professional, and unlike some places, i didn't get the sense that the courtesy it all about getting tips.
Not only that--the front desk staff perfectly-- firmly but discreetly-- handled a security situation (in which I was followed back to the hotel by a stranger who claimed to work there).
Value: it might be a little more expensive than other nearby hotels but you get soooo much more. I never doubted its value for money. I've had the pleasure of staying in ITC hotels, which are great...and Park Plaza Ludhiana is right up there with them in the" excellence" category
Extra charges: If you don't have a computer, there's a business center with several available. The charge was minimal. Hotel has shuttle van available to get you to RR Stain. The price they gave was high, so I asked for a taxi.They then offered the transport for free, so be sure to negotiate.
Kudos, bravo, thank you, "shukria" to all involved with Park Plaza : owner Jassi Kangura (a man who truly cares about improving the Punjab state and his local community), the department managers, supervisors, zll staff including housekeeping and restaurant people, for an unexpectedly relaxing and enjoyable stay at your hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take Advantage of our Ludhiana Hotel's Premier Services One of the finest hotels in Punjab, India. Park Plaza Ludhiana merges old world ambience with international service to create a hotel experience that goes beyond expectation. This luxury hotel in Ludhiana has long acquired a reputation of playing host to the aristocracy of the world by providing top-notch services designed to give you a stress-free stay. The Hotel guests can indulge in an array of dining options, including fine dining. With exquisite catering, impeccable service, and an abundance of space, this Ludhiana hotel's event venues are an ideal choice for conferences, weddings and social events. The Hotel further offers a gift shop, a salon, complimentary newspapers and free parking for all guests. Business guests will enjoy our Business Centre with fax and copy services, free Internet access, conference facilities and laundry service. Our Ludhiana hotel's extensive health club, Reflexions, offers guests multiple ways to relax and rejuvenate, including a seasonal outdoor pool, six indoor whirlpools, two saunas, a steam room, large gymnasium, boxing ring, yoga room, massage services and aerobics classes. Our Punjab, India hotel proudly offers the following services:• Business Centre • Conference and convention facilities on site • Four on-site dining venues • Gift shop • Health Club "Reflexion" • Free WIFI Connectivity• Indoor whirlpools • Laundry service • Multilingual staff • Outdoor pool • Parking (complimentary) • Room service • Salon • Sauna • Spa services available • Weekday newspapers (complimentary) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ClearTrip and Agoda so you can book your Park Plaza Ludhiana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Ludhiana Hotel Ludhiana
- Park Plaza Hotel Ludhiana
- Ludhiana Park Plaza
- Park Plaza Ludhiana Punjab