“Hell at hotel pushpak bhubaneswar” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pushpak

Hotel Pushpak
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Hell at hotel pushpak bhubaneswar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We arrived at night having been unable to book the promised free collection from the station which left us, two women in thier mid sixties, to find their own way in the dark. Reception staff seemed to think this was amusing. The first room we were shown was dirty with a curtain missing, mold growing round the bath and across the floor and a distinct drain smell in the bathroom. In addition there were cigarette bu,rns in the counterpane. On complaining we were given a slightly better room. On speaking to the manager i was treated in an offhand and patronising way told that we should not expect European standards in an Indian hotel. However th,is was the most expensive hotel of our entire stay in India three times as much as mostof the other places we stayed and equal in price to a chain hotel in England. Given that we had booked and paid three months in advance for we could have expected better service and treatment. This hotel does not offer value for money,service is poor and facilities leave a lot to desired. We are seasoned travellers and have stayed everywhere from budget hostels to 400 dollar a night hotels on the Florida Keys and never have we encountered such lack of value for money and such careless and patronising service. To add injury to insult we both became extreemly ill with food poisioning requiring a hospital visit and medication shortly after eating dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Advice to fellow travellers;

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room here
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Darrolynn
hotel_pushpak, General Manager at Hotel Pushpak, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear,
This fact is not correct. We were given them plenty of options for pleasant and memorable stay at our hotel. It’s our bed luck to get such kind of reviews. We ensure to keep up our guest expectation and waiting for next visit.
For, Hotel Pushpak
Sanjit Kar
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed there even though I stay in the same city, with my friends for a marriage.
from the outside the hotel looks old but the rooms are excellent. We were put up in a suite.. 105 to be precise. Huge ...space almost like a 1 bedroom apartment ...very well done. and it cost us nothing.. about 4500 a night. 2 tvs--lcd, 2 a/cs, a sofa set small dining table/ study table ... I loved it. Was better than a 5 star hotel room if you compare the cost.

Room Tip: dont look at the outside , rooms are the place you spend your time and suites are excellent.. for pe...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank BASISPRADHAN82
Uppsala, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

I had opportunity to stay in this hotel with my family. They are really the worst experience in my entire life. I had went there in summer and reserved an air conditioned room. But They hardly provide me that. The room was too hot and smell badly. When I complained the hotel staff then they behaved me very rudely. I could not do anything to them because they looked like local gangster to me. I would never recommend anyone to stay in that hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank archanalu
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

We (2 adults + 2 kids) stayed for a night in April 2011. Location - busy location (Kalpana square) with a lot of noise. Lots of auto-parts and such like shops in the neighbourhood, very down-scale. Hotel ambience - did not feel like a family friendly hotel at all. Too much loud noise from other (mostly groups of male) guests and smoking in the corridors (it was the day of the ICC world cup final, which may explain some of this, but still not a great experience). Room - we got a room which had a bathroom that was not quite attached, but separated by a hallway from our room, which had a strange smell. Room was ok - a/c was fine, bed linen was clean enough. TV was small, but the front desk folks replaced it at our request. Front desk - responsive and helpful, but not very friendly. Overall, not a good enough experience that would prompt us to stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Nashik, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

We have stayed in this hotel and my overall rating is good. It is quite prime location and the rooms are clean and spacious. The foods at the restaurants was also good. I would recommend people who want to stay at this hotel but you should make your booking in advance and confirm your booking. During my last trip in the month of Dec I wont get any room although I have made my reservation over phone. I think the Hotel staff should be little co-operative in providing assistance in booking room especially when you are continuous traveling and wont having convenience to pay the reservation amount via online.

Also I think their site should be user friendly and they should prevail trust on their site for online payment and there should be no hidden cost .

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business