“Good choice in Bhubhaneshwar”

Trident, Bhubaneswar
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Bhubaneswar
New Delhi, India
“Good choice in Bhubhaneshwar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed for a night at Bhubhaneshwar in Feb 2012 at the Trident. While it has the trademark Trident service which is exceptional, the property itself is small and slightly old though kept very well. I got upgraded to a Suite which was large and had all the amenities but was slightly dated.
The Hotel has one smallish restaurant but the quality of food there was very good. The Hotel has a great pool with sparklingly clear water though I unfortunately never had a chance to use it.
Bhubhaneshwar was extremely hot for February and it was almost touchng 40 degrees Celsius.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay at Trident during your visit to Bhubaneswar and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
I am very pleased to read that our team was able to make your visit most comfortable. I am also happy to learn that you enjoyed your dinner at the restaurant. I have shared your feedback with our Chefs and the rest of our team members.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Yours sincerely,
Vishal Pathak
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Thai first
Cuttack, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Staffs/Officers in all department are very courteous and prompt. Allover the hotel areas and the Rooms and everything there in, are superbly maintained, clean and beautiful. But I found few differences in facilities from that of Trident, Gurgaon. Since I have a short period stay, i could not enjoyed the food in the restaurant. But certainly the food ordered by me and served to me in the room was much below the standards which I had never expected from a 5* Hotel like Trident. It was boring and disappointing.Location of the property is very good with beautiful gardens and variety of trees, which everyone would love. I recommend and suggest everyone to go for this hotel while in Bhubaneswar.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read that your enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback about the food with the kitchen team. Our Executive Chef will work on this and we will ensure that on your next visit you will see the changes for yourself.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Yours sincerely,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was visiting Orissa for the first time for some sightseeing and my parents were joining me. After much research and looking at Tripadvisor, I settled on the Trident. And what a lovely choice it turned out to be! It's a nice property - it is not massive by any means and almost gives one the feel of being located in a boutique hotel. It only has two levels and most of the rooms face either the central pool or the gardens in the periphery. The rooms are really nice and the beds very comfortable. Service is superb as one would expect of a hotel belonging to the Oberoi chain. The hotel itself is not huge, but it is located on a large patch of land, most of which has been converted into beautifully manicured gardens with lots of trees. It's a great place to go for a walk or jog in the mornings.

The pool is really nice with a deep section, and right next to the pool is a decent gym. The food I had was really good, from the awesome breakfast to flavorful Oriya dishes in the restaurant at night. They have a very nice bar where you can also order some snacks and light meals.

I would have given this hotel an excellent rating, except for the following two points:

The only wrinkle I noticed was one morning at breakfast time: there were not too many people there but somehow the staff seemed overwhelmed. They kept on getting us the wrong dishes and I had to wait about 40 minutes for some of the dishes I ordered.

At the time of our visit, it seems some company was interviewing candidates for jobs in the Middle East or somewhere else. There were several candidates milling around in the hotel. I found this somewhat disconcerting - perhaps there needs to be a dedicated area for them and they should not have the run of the place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Trident-Bhubaneswar, General Manager at Trident, Bhubaneswar, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost allow me to apologize for two wrinkles on the otherwise excellent stay with us. We have taken note of the points mentioned by you and will ensure that these are addressed.

It was indeed a pleasure to read your review, and realize that our efforts reached their goal and your stay at The Trident was close to perfect. I am glad that you liked our gardens, the swimming pool and the food. I have communicated this to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

If you are visiting Odisha for the hidden gems (Lingraja, Konark and Puri) this is one of the convenient and clean places. I booked in Trident (instead of Ginger - because its opposite to Trident, clean, value for money and equal in location) but for the perceived 5 star rating. Clean but old property; the staff needs to be trained to deliver a value proposition. The standout was the "french toast" for breakfast but the service in the restaurant was poor; however when I filled out the feedback form while checking out, the F&B manager promptly met me to take the feedback. Hope he has corrected that leg!

Room Tip: book a room near the reception otherwise you will need to drag your bags on the carpet endlessly.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vickramjadhav
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that your overall stay was comfortable and also that our food and beverage manager was able to meet you in person and apologize for any service lapse that may have happened.

We constantly strive to further improve ourselves and your feedback helps us in doing so.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I regularly visit this hotel and am happy with the stay, the location and the prompt service. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and view from the room is excellent. They have a very good spread for breakfast(good mix of indian and continental). The staff are very sweet and take very good care of you. Highly recommended place for all.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this forum.

I am very happy to note that you liked the quality of our rooms, service and the breakfast spread.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel.