“Super staff”

Ranked #14 of 223 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai, India
“Super staff”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

A decent and efficient hotel but outstanding staff who are very attentive, warm and courteous. very good experience overall and i will certaintly be using this hotel more frequently. The location of the hotel is a definite plus (in the central part of Pune) and being relatively new, the rooms and general upkeep is good.

5 Thank VVenkat
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive feedback . Appreciate you taking time out to review our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Feel free to get in touch with me during your next stay. Look forward.

Best Wishes,
Vineet Mishra
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My worst Mariott experience thus far. Noisy corridor late in the night, had to complain twice and yet that did not help. Bitten by a bed bug !! yes, indeed and the room was smelly. Nothing worst than that.

Room Tip: Do not take the 8th floor. They have a convention centre on the same floor and the passage gets nois...
2 Thank angupte
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I have shared your feedback with the relevant teams at the hotel.

Please give us another chance to serve you. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance you may require. Thank you for taking time out to share your feedback.

Vineet Mishra.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I travel quite frequently and I have had very good experiences with all my stays at all Marriott properties in the country. Therefore, this particular instance has come as a very rude shock to me and pains me to write this critical review. I had stayed in this hotel for 2 days in July,12. After checking in into the hotel , I found my room was smelling awful. I called up the reception and complained and the duty manager came up within 10 minutes - with a room freshner!. In the meanwhile, I had found out that the room AC temp was fixed at 20.9 degrees C and would not change. I informed the duty manager about the same and he finally (after some convincing) agreed to change my room. I informed him that I needed to go out and would be back late. I came back to the room close to midnight and was promptly given the key to a new room. I checked the room and it seemed good except that the AC temp control unit display was not working!. Just before retiring for the night, I noticed my bathroom kit missing and called up the reception. The manager there requested me to wait for 10 minutes. In the meanwhile, I noticed my shoes (formals) and my mobile charger also missing. I got back all 3 missing items within 10 minutes - seems they had forgotten the stuff in the earlier room while shifting my other luggage! Next day, I had to call in the maintenance unit people since my AC unit temp control was not working (as usual). They got a ladder and opened a shaft in the roof and set the temp at 23 deg C (which I requested) and informed me that the temp would need to be set at one level only since the unit does not work. The director-rooms was courteous enough to meet me while I was having dinner in their restaurant and apologised for the bad experiences. I shared with her some more unprofessional conduct I had noticed like the clearing staff talking on their personal mobiles in the guest rooms corridor and the fact that I had asked the front office twice for someone to clean my car (I had offered to pay for the same). She assured me that she would take care of it. Next day morning, I met with her again and reminded her about the car. She promptly took down my car number and promised to take care of it. I came back to check out in the afternoon and would you believe it - the car was still not clean! Still cannot believe that this hotel is run by Marriott!

1 Thank Praveen2012
Dear Guest,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We have taken your feedback very seriously and would definitely want to amend this. It would be an absolute pleasure to have you back with us. Kindly contact me directly for any assistance.

Please do not allow this experience to tarnish your impression about our hotel. I ensure and assure you of an elevated experience. Thank you so much for taking time out and letting us know your thoughts. Appreciate it.

Chennai, India
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I am regular Marriott guest I have stayed in Marriotts around the world and would not hesitate to rank this among the best I have stayed at this price range. I have stayed here with my 4 month daughter, I have stayed here with 4-5 of my business colleagues. Both these visits had differing stay requirements all of which were met or exceeded. One of my colleagues from US had a serious stomach upset, the front desk staff knew exactly what to do and worked with me to get hima doctor and made his stay comfortable. It is important for me that I can take such things for granted when I am away from home.
The aspect I would encourage the Pune center to work on would be their Sunday Brunch could be better and more added options to separate it from normal every day Buffett. Price for their buffet is very attractive though and wouldn't mind shelling couple 100 extra for better/more varieties. Service was great though and madeup for any kitchen related deficiency!

5 Thank Prashanth-traveller
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely comments. Appreciate it. Pleased to know that you had a fabulous experience at our hotel.

We await the opportunity of welcoming you once again. Pleasure having you with us.

kolkata
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The hotel is centrally located around 15-20 min drive from the airport and just 2-3 km from the railway station. The staff is quite friendly and responsive. I was upgrated to Suite Room which had a living room with work station in addition to the bed room. The bathroom had a closet also. The rooms have modern fitting and interiors. The size of the bedroom was decent and sleep comfort was excellent. The breakfast spread is elaborate and the service is up to the mark.The hotel is however loacted in a heavy traffic zone. There are decent eating joints around the hotel if one is looking to venture outside the hotel. The food rates at the property however are quite acceptable for this standard of property.

Room Tip: Being quite centrally located , the view around is notmuch to mention, however the rooms with the vi...
5 Thank travelerKolkata
Vineet M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Pune City Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. Appreciate you taking time out to review our hotel.

Look forward to your next stay with us.

General Manager.