“Can't ask for a better stay away from home”
Review of Hyatt Regency Pune

Hyatt Regency Pune
Ranked #6 of 231 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I had a long business trip to Pune, India (12 days). I had quite a few choice of places to stay but, having had good experience during my prior stays at the Hyatt in Pune over several trips in 2011, I decided to stay at the Hyatt in Pune for this long trip. From the moment I checked in to the day I checked out, the staff at Hyatt were phenomenal. They were professional and courteous. They were caring and did not go overboard (this is important, since the caring can be overwhelming at times). I had some special meal request due to dietary restrictions. They obliged to my food restrictions and always had something ready. This is so important since food is such an important part of your living and you don't want to risk it when you are away. Here is a tip to those picky travelers: check with your host / hostess at the restaurant if they can help with your food restrictions.

My room was quite comfortable -- for long stayers the challenge would be storage, but I asked the front desk staff to help with additional storage and they made arrangements to make sure things were not lying all over. Essentially I did no have to live out of my suitcase. Their gym is professional and clean.

Finally, it all comes to price vs performance. I place the Hyatt, Pune at the 95th percentile. The hospitality was exceptional and that made all the difference. I will stay at the Hyatt during future trips to Pune and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Muthu K
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Guest,
We are extremely happy to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments were very encouraging and this is how t he entire team at Hyatt Regency Pune keeps themselves motivated.
We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service and serve patrons like you in future.. Look forward to welcome you back soon.
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I loved staying at the Hyatt PUNE. Service was over the top. Anything you want..they will get if for you..no request is too big and they answer fast!!. I nicknamed it FORT HYATT . They take security very seriously so you can feel safe and protected here.
I did not meet a single member of the staff that was not willing to assist me as a matter of fact they all seemed eager to provide service and assistance. I must give a special mention to Jitender who was my morning housekeeper my first two weeks there (I stayed 19 nights). I always looked forward to returning to my room at the end of a busy day because I knew that Jitender would have it in order. Also special mention to Anish, our waiter in the restaurant. He brought the most delicious offerings to our table and gave me a chance to try different vegetarian dishes that I would have never tried on my own...my favorite was the lightly friend cottage cheese...who would have thought cottage cheese could taste like this? He also offered to pick up a new charger for me on his way to work when I told him about mine succumbling to my use of the wrong converter when attempting to charge my Kindle.
The spa and gym services were excellent and my only regret is that I did not get to take advantage of the steam rooms, sauna and lovely indoor heated pool more often during my stay.
Transportation was always readily available. Room included a wonderful breakfast spread including and internet. Room service items was wonderfully prepared and arrived hot. The waiter would take the time to set up your table...
I truly felt special and was treated liked royalty. I so hope to get to return to India again and I will be staying at the Hyatt Pune if I am in Pune.

Room Tip: If you do not mind being on the ground floor...ask for a room with your own private lanai.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
We are extremely happy to learn that you relished your stay with us. The entire team was very happy when they read your comments. I thank you once again and this is how the team gets motivated and be consistent while delivering service to all our esteemed guests.
We remain committed to deliver an exceptional service and serve patrons like you in future.. Look forwad to welcome you back soon.
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 13 May 2012

As you would expect in any Hyatt hotel, you will be provided with good service over here. The best part I liked here was the vast breakfast spread. I simply loved it! The staff is very courteous, and you're in for a special treat here if you're couples! The rooms are big compared to other hotels in this area and it's value for money I would say.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shreyasi
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Guest,

We are happy to learn on your delighted exoerience at Hyatt Regency Pune. Your comments truly means a lot to us and this is how we keep ourselves motivated. We have shared you positive comments duly with the team.
We look forward to welcome you back soo with us.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Pune for around 5 days while I was at work. I would say it sure was a good experience but not like the other 5 stars. The breakfast was okay not a wide spread. The rooms are pleasant and designed for couples. They could have done better...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comments. Happy to learn that you liked our rooms and define it best for our couples. We have noted your comments with regard to breakfast and the same has been duly shared with our Executive Chef and kitchen team.
I look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I recently spent seven weeks at the hyatt regency pune,india.I can not say enough about the quality of service and the staff especially those in the regency club.I stayed at the hyatt regency in Mumbai and the hyatt regency in delhi as well the hyatt in goa.All had excellant service but the team that mr. Gadi Hassin general manager of the Pune,Hyatt was superb.the personal attention each staff member gave my family was excellant.Hyatt's in the USA could do well to duplicate what Mr.Hassin and his staff did in Pune.Hihly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: all the rooms we stayed in were comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank michael g

Dear Guest,
We are extremly delighted to learn that your stay was overwhelming with us and your encouraging coments wiht regard to our colleagues are very encouraginf and motivating. I thank you for valuable note and look forward to welcome you back soon.