“I had a wonderful relaxing stay - perfect for meditation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pune
Osho International Meditation Resort and Guesthouse
Ranked #19 of 527 Speciality Lodging in Pune
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed for six weeks in Osho International Meditation Resort in February and part of March. I booked a room for one month and participated in the Multiversity Plus program which gave me a room and twelve full days of courses included in the price as well as the daily meditations, morning classes (yoga, Tai Chi etc.,) evening events - dancing and more. I extended my stay for another two weeks. The room which contained a fridge was large, beautiful and very clean with a gorgeous attached bathroom. There were windows on two walls of the room and air conditioning. The sheets were changed for me and the room cleaned once a week and laundry was included.
I had a really restful, relaxing stay and loved all the meditations. I was free to participate in anything I liked, whenever I liked, as well as swimming, jacuzzi, sauna and gymnasium. The people I met there, including many new people, were very friendly. It is a fantastic place for people who want to meditate and look inside themselves without anybody telling you what to do - there are so many meditations, courses, sessions and classes to choose from. The twelve days of courses I did were amazing.
I ate every day in the restaurant called 'Zorba the Buddha', which overlooked the pool. There are two restaurants in the Resort which both serve very tasty vegetarian food, and also a cappuchino bar which is open in the evenings.
The evening events - meditations, and also entertainments like variety shows (which people could participate in), disco dancing, music, and even karaoke, were a lot of fun. I enjoyed staying up late at night and getting up in the early morning to do Dynamic meditation in the wonderful pyramid auditorium.
All in all I had a wonderful time and I am longing to go there again as soon as I can take a holiday. Before when I went there I stayed outside the Resort in a rented room but it is so much better staying in a room inside. The meditations are going on all day long and I could go back to my room to rest in between when I wanted to. People can choose to work there if they like but I chose to stay there and have a holiday.
I absolutely recommend this place for people who want to go deep in meditation and have a relaxing holiday as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
26  Thank Angela P
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Osho teachings are not for everybody. If you are one of the lucky ones who have decided to find something more....go here..you will be either shocked or happily surprised. In either case...you will WIN

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Chaitnya
Reviewed 16 December 2011

Very Negative vibe, V.kiddish (spiritually) care-takers

The care takers think they are God. They don't treat you like a guest. They only order you. Meditation makes a person humble and nice. Not rude and disrespectful. Hence, meditation resort is ran by people who may know a lot of theory of meditation but we PITY they haven't yet been able to practice it. They MUST 1st read or listen to what lovely lovable osho has to say. Then FOLLOW it.

Room Tip: All rooms are standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
42  Thank bubble L
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I am a great fan of Osho. I wanted to investigate his meditations closer and stayed at this residence for 3 weeks instead of 6. I was upset and left. The place is very commercial managed by non professional, unpleasant and sometimes dishonest people. Nothing spiritual: I mean nothing clever and kind; only videos of Osho: talks, meditations.
Everything is very expensive. You pay for everything, even for the very basic things. Almost kind "you breath, you pay"! They really exaggerate!
Many people were sick because of the food and the air condition.
I didn't notice the pronounced sexual stream like some people say.
The infrastructure is beautiful: buildings, park and swimming-pool.
The stay was useful for me because I experienced Osho techniques; the rest is to throw away. There are many Osho’s centres in the world and this one is not the best I think.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
47  Thank Era5
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Very well managed resort with exceptionally clean rooms. This was the highlight of my India trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo