“Koyla - Pune "Deceived by the Ambience"”
Review of Koyla

Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bengaluru, India
“Koyla - Pune "Deceived by the Ambience"”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

If I hear about Hyderabadi Biryani....without a second tought I would like to try that. Koyla in Pune Koregaoun Park is one place which I heard that serves Hyd Biriyani. When I reached there, The Ambience was mind Boggleing. However the Biriyani was Just like a B grade restaurant....and Overly priced. Never to try this again:(

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Bobbyphilip1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Mumbai, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dress up for this great dining experience! Make a memory..”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

My family & I were in Pune today and to celebrate my birthday my husband had taken us to Koyla restaurant for luncheon..

This is a simply fantabulous place.. i urge you to dress up, don your best sparkles and to make it a special evening! Go back to the days when eating out used to be a charming event.. The decor is very romantic and warm with mirror clad panels, mouldings, inlay works and the carved metal tableware is quite stunning! Waiters are dressed in such a manner that they become part of the experience..I think it must be a place the owners must have created the Koyla with great passion and an eye for detail. Cuisine is Hyderabadi; superbly cooked, i would recommend Hyderabadi Chicken Roast & Mirch Salan. Although we were too full to try out biryani- I guess it will too be of finger-licking type! Portion size is quite good. Watch out for the stylish presentation of the bill!

One word on menu for children- I think the owners may wish to develop a suitable range for children to attract more families.. food -bit too spicy & place too mature for children.

To sum up- do go here for that romantic date.. on your anniversary.. take your in-laws here when they visit you.. great place to take your business colleagues or quite simply any of your friends from countries other than India! More of an evening place though..

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank sangeetaV
Bengaluru, India
“Koyla.. all hype”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Koyla is one of the hyped restaurants in Pune. The place is too small and has a cramped feeling.. The food is average but way too expensive.. The staff could be more courteous..
All in all, you could get much better food for way too less at many other destinations in Pune.

• Visited September 2010
2 Thank CG177
“Could have been better”
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Had been to the renovated Koyla last week. The all-new nawabi look went well with the theme of the restaurant. Apart from the new look, things have not improved in the other areas.

Service can definitely be better. We were not served water and had to ask for the same after our starters. Waiting time for the food to be served is about 20 mins.. When it does come, we were found out that the quantity & the quality is not related to the price at all. We ordered for mushroom masala for starters (Rs. 190) and there were 5 pieces of medium sized mushrooms. That's it.. Same goes for the main course also..

With the ghazals playing in the background and willingness to spend more, it was an experience that can be bypassed easily.

2 Thank whizkid420
Pune
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the worst among the expensive restaurants”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Our experience at Koyla has been one of the worst in recent times. We ordered Chicken Biryani(Rs 250), Paneer tikka roast masala(Rs.290) and Tandoori roti. After paying such an amount we expect heartful and stomach-fullfood but to our surprise, the food was not only bad but less in quantity too. I could alone finish entire biryani. The only taste we could get was masala test, no original hyderabadi biryani test. Lot of garam-masala flakes were put into it. Even panner tikka roast masala was so horrible that my uncle was not able to eat. Roti was thin, small and not very soft.

Even the ambience was not very promising. The sufiyan theme looked dirty. In fact sofa was actually dirty and the music they were playing was painfully boring. The restaurant did not have a parking of its own.

I would never recommend anyone to go to Koyla.

1 Thank nishantkv