This review is not about club Mahindra Membership (That is another issue!), but about Blue Country Resort which is a part of Club Mahindra Associate Properties.
ABOUT PANCHGANI: A dream destination only 5 to 6 hr drive from Mumbai. Nice weather, silent place, really amazing! Our trip to pratagad was really breathtakingn. (35 km from Panchgani). I personally think its best to go in monsoon. Weather is very pleasant, waterfalls allover, romance in the air! Also very less crowded.
1. Best location- If you get valley facing rooms then nothing like that! 2. Helpful staff 3. Well maintained swimmimng pool also one of the very big swimming pool inside a hotel property 4. Good room service 5. Also have gym, spa etc. 6. Clean rooms 7. Nice sleep quality 8. Spacious hotel - with good landscaping 9. Kingsize bed with big rooms.
1. Slightly overpriced stay- but service tax and hotel tax was included in the price at least for us. Checkout and clarify before. 2. Very overpriced food. If possible eat outside.3. Food quality is just okey. Restaurant have specific timings for breakfast , lunch, dinner. Chienes (So called ) food especially avoidable!
OVERALL: A very good experience I say. The staff is really good and helpful. Hotel is good, but I dont know how to give 3.5 stars so 3 star rating. Need improvement on food.
1. Mumbai-Pune bypass- Banglore highway- Wai-Panchgani is much much prefered and SAFE route than Mumbai-Panvel- Mahad-Mahabaleshwar.
2. Dont go to Wai for sightseeing eveven if tour guide suggests. There is nothing except one Ganes Mandir. Wai is filthy, hot big village with lots of pigs. A Big moodspoiler!
3. Never to miss: Pratapgad fort, Boating in Venna lake, Pratapsingh udyan, a walk in the Panchgani village and Mahabaleshwar, tabletop land, sydney point, mahabaleshwar temple,strawberry fields in the season.
Mapro garden, various points in Mahabaleshwar etc. etc. are for package tour type people.
Will add photos later when time permits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Country is a luxury resort spread over 3 acres of land with 44 large and luxurious rooms and three star amenities. It is located at the foothills of table land and has a beautiful view of the valley. The resort is secluded and peaceful, yet very close to the Panchgani market and only 30 minutes from Mahabaleshwar. Blue Country Resort is ideal for Marriages, Conferences, Get togethers, School Picnics and Holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, ClearTrip, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelGuru so you can book your Blue Country Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Country Hotel Panchgani
- Blue Country Resort Panchgani, Maharashtra