“Decent Hotel for the price.”
Review of Hotel Atithi

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #41 of 62 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I stayed here with another person for a couple of days during Shivratri. I stayed in a double that was decently clean with running hot water, AC, and decent room service. My driver said his quarters were terrible, so we let him shower while we ate breakfast the later days. I thought the service is actually quite good and enjoyed some of the food I had on the terrace restaurant. I had mostly kabobs and enjoyed a spicy green chicken one, but not the butter chicken. The beer wasn't incredibly overpriced like at other Hotels. The staff at the terrace restaurant were helpful and kind and I enjoyed speaking with them. There were quite a few mosquitos on the terrace while I was reading the paper one night, and the staff brought me repellant. I believe we paid somewhere around Rs. 1800/Night for the room with 2 beds, a couch, and TV. Considering the places I stayed in the previous few weeks (which were sometimes 8 times more expensive), I found that the hotel was OK and would stay there again if I ever found myself in Aurangabad. One thing I found off, though, is that each night I paid, they wouldn't give me Rs. 5 change, claiming they had no small bills.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 August 2008

I had checked into this hotel after obtaining assurance from its staff that the power supply to the fans will not stop in face of electricity outage. They assured me that they have both an inverter and a generated to take care of outages. After check-in this promise wasn't kept and the reason given was diesel shortage in the city (which was true) - but then all good hotels, banks cinemas etc were running business as usual even during outages. When I complained to the so called General Manager of the hotel, he wasn't exactly polite but tried to suppress my complaint with some loud unwanted arguments. Ultimately we were left to the mercy of hungry mosquitoes.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family