“Forgetable experience”

Keys Hotel The Aures
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Aurangabad
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The hotel itself is decent but one look at the flies surrounded and hair infested buffet turned me off badly. The staff themselves are eager but my impression is that they are not very well trained. Once me and my colleagues were at the restaurant sitting for 20 mins and nobody came to the table at all. The rooms are decent and clean but I would avoid this hotel.
It was Pride Biznotel when I stayed and hopefully it is better under new management.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavan B
TheAures, Owner at Keys Hotel The Aures, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

At the outset, we apologize for the deficiency at our end. I sincerely thank you for the candid feedback. I can assure you that this was one-off mis-experience at the hotel. Any case, over last few months we have made considerable progress in improving our food quality and making our services utmost guest friendly. I can vouch for this based on feedback from our esteemed guests who have experienced the hospitality subsequent to your visit in November. I would request you to review your decision to avoid our hotel in your future visits to Aurangabad. Yes, under the new management of Keys, there will be renewed efforts towards staff training, grooming and delivering defect free services. In our quest to maximize guest satisfaction, we shall ensure that the management team takes care in extending the highest standards of service to all our guests.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is a business hotel, but we stayed here on our one-day trip to the caves. We'd checked out a couple other hotels in town that weren't that clean, and this one was pricey, but clean, modern and very friendly. They held our luggage for us during the day while we went sightseeing, we had breakfast buffet in the morning, a drink in the outdoor bar of Harry's the night before, and they were very gracious. They strive to be very professional and upscale.

If you're willing to pay the higher price, this hotel is a nice respite. It's also not that far from the main areas, stations, etc by auto-rickshaw.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dakotakidz
TheAures, Owner at Keys Hotel The Aures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback, we are glad you liked the hotel. We are committed to striving for excellence in service. Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel whilst on work and have found it perfect. The rooms are very well appointed, the bathrooms are tasteful and practical. The hotel has an eco friendly policy and the restaurant has a little bit of all types of cuisines. I did not get a chance to use any other service but was very happy with my stay. The staff is also helpful. After a tiring day of work, the last thing one needs is a bad hotel or bad service so i am happy that Pride keeps it efficient and simple. They do have issues with hot water so i hope that they sort that out fast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Many thanks for an encouraging response. We are glad you liked the hotel. The hot water is a bit of issue as we use solar water heating system following Green Hotel norms. We are taking corrective action, which should fall in place shortly. This time looking forward to longer stay from your end.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed at Pride from 30 Nov-2 Dec 2011. To start with I had lot of issues, they were slow in responding to mails, wrong room booked. But Mr.Vinod Rathore (Front Office Manager) was extremely helpful. He did 3 remarkable things for us -
First, We had asked for a Good Vehicle because we were visiting Bhimashankar and I was provided with Ford Fiesta (same price as Indigo) along with a very well mannered and down to earth driver Mr.Malik.
Secondly, He gave us 2 rooms in place of 1 suite again in same price.
Thirdly, on the date of departure we late checked out at 6.00 pm.
All things were not good, they were having some staff issues. Room service was very slow. In Restaurant also service was very slow. Service Lift was adjacent to our Room therefore there was lot of noise around. Property is very good and food once served is very delicious.
On the whole it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
TheAures, Owner at Keys Hotel The Aures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Many thanks for your feedback. We are glad that you liked the hotel and the food; and the service largely. Have taken up matter concerning the delay in service with the team and the same has been suitably addressed. It was our privilege to have you and your family staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

I stayed in the hotel for a week in Sept 2011. I was surprised to find such a fantastic room in a place like Aurangabad. It was above my expectations. Spacious, clean and with amenities that above average hotels would provide in a room. One of the walls in my room was fully glass (well covered with curtains of course) and had a great view of an open ground. Quite, comfortable and with a view - well, the dream come true of every noisy city dweller.

My room, called the suite, was so spacious that an adult could lie down between the bed and the television! Again, a bonus for people from space-starved Mumbai! It would be better to vacuum the carpets maybe every alternate day since almost invisible things like hairs and food crumbs do fall on it.

The staff is extremely helpful, dedicated, hard-working and courteous - be it reception, banquet hall, room service or a random person in uniform I met near the lift and asked for his help since my key card wasn't working. He brought one with alacrity and saved me a trip to the reception 3 floors below! In my week long stay, I never heard a single 'no' from any of the staff for any request. Rajath and Gopal have been very co-operative.

The location is ideal since it is just minutes away from the railway station. Since I was running late due to some billing issues, the owner Mr. Sunil Choudhary, himself dropped me to the station which I think is a mark of exceptional customer service.

The food, esp non-vegetarian, was excellent. I mostly ordered room service and never felt the need to explore other options. Breakfast could have more options or at least variation everyday. When I asked for something apart from what was available, I was readily served my choice.

The only improvements I would like to see is a little more attention to detail in service. Here, again, they weren't any blunders but just finesse which is required. Plates from room service lie outside the room even the next morning. At times, some tables are not cleared as other people walk in to occupy them for breakfast. Some tables do not have sufficient cutlery. For the first couple of days, I did not know that I had the option to have an omelette on demand. Tea or coffee wasn't offered with my breakfast on any of the days. Plates at the buffet got over and I had to bring attention of the staff to it. I had to wait a couple of times for more food since the food tray at the buffet was empty and perhaps the staff had then gone to get more.

Since I was there on a training assignment, tea for the afternoon break didn't arrive on time on two occasions, which does affect time management. If I needed something in the middle of my training, I usually had to walk up to the reception (at the end of a corridor) to ask for it. Would be great if a service staff is hanging around for little things like AC temperature control - the most common request.

The flaws above are certainly not due to lack of intent but maybe due to lack of exposure in such a city. My overall experience was really great and this hotel would certainly be my only choice the next time I am in Aurangabad. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the maidan are so much quieter since there is zero traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
TheAures, Owner at Keys Hotel The Aures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Rovingeyes, Many thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Your critique has been well received and have already initiated action in areas where you found us lacking. Sincere thanks for your words of encouragement. Your elaborated feedback shall surely go a long way in making us 'Simply the Best' hotel in Aurangabad.