Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 11
US$ 14
PricelineUS$ 9
Expedia.comUS$ 9
Agoda.comUS$ 11
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Hotel was really so good best garden in hotel Khajuraho and staff is very help full and really nice service in restaurant there was omre kitchen food was so yummy very delicious and frankly staff I have a breakfast in this kitchen then I have again dinner here same nice wow it's was unbelievable how tasty

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 9999rome
Reviewed 29 November 2018

My stay at hotel Zen Hotel, Khajuraho was the worst-ever hotel experience of my life. I am a seasoned traveler and I am very surprised how this filth of a hotel has got such better ratings.

1) First experience

My bad experience started with my e-mail to the hotel 3 days before our stay to confirm our stay. It is a standard practice for me to e-mail the property to confirm my reservation done through my agent (Goibibo). But the hotel just didn’t respond. This was just the first time that any hotel didn’t respond to such mail. No professionalism.

2) Check-in experience

Since I reached Khajuraho by the morning train from Nizamuddin, I wanted an early check-in. We reached the property at around 7:30 in the morning. After a few minutes wait a receptionist came to the counter. He confirmed our booking but outright rejected the early check-in request. He said that you should have made a prior request, and when I informed him about my e-mail 3 days earlier he said your booking came to us just yesterday. I had however done the booking almost a month back. He then said early check-in would be chargeable and that will cost us 50% of our full day tariff. 50% for 4 hours is substantial but I still agreed. He said that it will take about half an hour. Meanwhile I asked for a room or place to change and get afresh. He said we only had the massage room and using it could also attract some charge. I was aghast. But I wanted some place and took the massage room keys. Massage room was just hell. Very dirty wash-room and room full of bad odour. I just wanted to leave it as soon as possible. I just pondered how come hotel staff could even think of charging for such filthy area. When I came to reception the guy said your room is just getting readied. We waited more than 20 minutes and when we asked for room he started shouting to some guy to hurry up. It meant that the cleaning of our room had not started. It almost 9:00 am and I was not sure when our room will get readied. Now I decided against early check-in and told the guy that we will have breakfast and visit surrounding area for a few hours. This angered this moron at reception. We left with our luggage at the reception. We came at around 10:45 am but the reception guy bluntly told me that check-in time is at 12 noon and your room could not be handed at this time, since you had not opted for early check-in. It was clear that many rooms were empty now but just to frustrate guests the hotels was holding back the rooms. I also decided to spend time till 12 noon. This is very-very shameless attitude for Zen Hotel to come up with such theatrics while check-in. You don’t check your mails, you don’t have any transparent early check-in policy and you are hell-bent to frustrate your guests. I have read in some reviews that the owner of the hotels personally welcomes guests but that is all incorrect and hotel is managed by some morons with prime motive of making quick money. Shameless and disgusting.

3) Room

We came after 12 noon and were promptly assigned room No. 209. The room looked Ok at first but we were very exhausted by now. Then we came across some more problems. The water in the bathroom was just guzzling hot water and it just could not be used. I complained to the guy at reception. He gave me scientific explanation that since we have boilers installed at our hotel and when the water in our overhead tank is less and in boiler is more you will only get hot water. As a remedy he shouted to someone to switch on the motor. So we waited for almost half an hour to get water with desired temperature. But still the water was on the higher side of warmness but we managed somehow. The hotel room didn’t had copy of any menu so that we can order from the kitchen, which actually functions (as we came to know in the evening). It was the first time that I saw a hotel room with no mirrors and for this you have to promptly make a round of bathroom. Room had a mini fridge, small screen LED TV and a bath tub. But no kettle and some very hilarious electricity connections. For example to charge your phone you have to plug in a socket which also ran the TV. So while charging and using our own kettle, the TV screen also switched on. The room boasted of a huge window with transparent glass but to cover it very cheap acrylic curtains were used that had issues of privacy. The brightness of lights in the room was on the lower side.

4) Hotel environs

A very small billboard has been put in front of the hotel and it is very difficult to locate.
The so-called “Zen Garden” is an eyesore with haphazardly arranged artifacts et-all. It consists of some construction heap, plastic covers, a dirty fish pond and Buddha statue that must be crying by now. Please remove all this filth.

5) Breakfast

Zen Hotel proudly serves 2 bread slices with jam/butter and tea/coffee in the name of breakfast. Other option is 3 puries with some subzi. I know this hotel is cheap but when you include breakfast in room tariff it should be of some substance. I respectfully beg the hotel to close your bundled breakfast so as not to demean your guests in name of breakfast. By the way who was serving breakfast to us – the guy who was managing the reception a day before. So I just could understand why he was showing so much attitude!!!! Bla…bla….bla….

6) Power Issues

During my stay the power went umpteen number of times and in spite of having power backup the hotel guys never started it. So this meant that you have to remain without power for 15-20 minutes, the time by which the power is restored. When I asked the logic behind this….another scientific answer – Our generator makes a lot of noise so we don’t want to disturb any of our guests. Perfect service……keep on the good work. My only concern….how you manage in summers.

7) Late Check-in

Since I had to board the evening train to Hazrat Nizamuddin, I asked for a late check-in. the hotel was apparently empty, but the receptionist once again told that it is chargeable. I had no option. I promptly made payment (50% of full day tariff) for our 4-5 hour extended use of room. I have no ill feelings about this as it is standard practice but I have been in hotels who accept the free request for late check-in if they had rooms available. No such chance in Zen Hotel. They will charge for everything.

8) Final Comments

I just want to tell all guests that Khajuraho has more hotel rooms than it has guests. You can get AC rooms for as little as Rs. 500 to 800 during peak season. So make a wise decision and just ditch this filth called Hotel Zen. This is the worst hotel of Khajuraho, ill-managed by shameless morons who don’t know ABC of hospitality.

Room tip: Just Don't Stay in this Filth
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Raviagni
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Is a very good hotel and the place i amazing, its so peacefull. Is un a good location near to the temples.
The personal of the hotel are very friendly and respectfull.
The rooms have allí that i need
If i come back i repeat un zen hotel
Thankyou!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Construction directly above our room first thing in the morning. Great prices, nice staff, bit shabby and run down but also nice. Had to leave right away because I did not like the noise. Near by nice restaurants...

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Reasonable price, convenient location and welcoming staffs. They served a small tour and I got experiences to visit local place and talk with local people. Also offered Indian dinner was nice. I just stayed one night, but if you have more days, I think you can enjoy whole Khajuraho.

Date of stay: April 2018