Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the cottages the cliff morning yoga beautiful garden boutique hotel highly recommend this place few minutes walk shops and restaurants beautiful place main beach bm varkala solace peace treatment accommodation veranda
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed at the Bohemian Masala for 6 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Albeit minutes a away from the Varkala cliff and beach the Bohemian Masala is is very quiet, only noises are from the birds in the beautiful garden.
The rooms are simple but comfortable and tastefully furnished, the veranda is fresh even during the hottest hours.
For breakfast we had every day a different south India delicacy cooked on the spot before our eyes.
The managers Dilip is very kind and helpful, he arranged for us a day trip to Kollam and Munroe island and transportation to the railway station.
All in all highly recommended

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaoloStefania
PK Kurien, Owner at The Bohemian Masala, Varkala, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear PaoloStefania,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Appreciate you taking time to review us and help fellow travelers. Hope you eill visit us again.

Reviewed 17 February 2020

I have just returned from a week’s stay at The Bohemian Masala and found it to be wonderful. It was peaceful, friendly and I really couldn’t have asked for more. It’s a few minutes walk from the beach and the cliff top shops and restaurants but feels tucked away and in a magic world of its own. Rooms are very comfortable and artistic with a/c and fans and a generous verandah to shelter from the heat of the day. The breakfasts were delicious and substantial and I had daily Ayurvedic massages which have restored me in all sorts of ways. I was in my own and felt very safe and welcomed. Dilip was always on hand and the staff were lovely. Overall, I would wholeheartedly recommend that everyone takes some time out to visit.

Trip type: Travelled solo
553366, Owner at The Bohemian Masala, Varkala, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Dear Anna,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Really appreciate it when guests take the effort to write a review online which helps other guests connect with us.
Really hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Bohemian masala is a tranquil haven hidden away from the cliff side but walking distance to vakala beach. We had Private morning yoga just before the heat of the day followed by a daily changing kerelan breakfast. Lovely, kind staff and daily ayuverdic treatments. Thank you Dilip!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
553366, Owner at The Bohemian Masala, Varkala, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Really hope you will return to The Bohemian Masala again.

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

I visited here and stayed for 1 week and I find utmost pleasure and peace from all the disturbances of outside commercial stay. I recommend this place as the manager mr. Dilip and and the staff found it very friendly and helpful and more importantly took care of me during my stay . Something we need in hospitality. The ambience is perfect for solace filled with greenery and natural scenic.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
553366, Owner at The Bohemian Masala, Varkala, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

Dear Rajesh,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Do visit us again.

Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

Excellent stay, excellent service. The property is very neat and well kept. It is also very close from the cliff.

The management is very friendly and helpful. 24/7 help is available. They even washed my car by the next morning.

And when I lost my jbl speakers, they found it and called and made me aware of it.
In short, superb stay worth 5 start rating.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
553366, Owner at The Bohemian Masala, Varkala, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Dear Abhijeet,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.