Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I spent almost 2 months at Rainbow and it was like to find a new home there. The location is perfect, 2 minutes walking to the cliff and from my room I could see a bit of the sea. I loved to have breakfast on my balcony every morning. Nice rooms and
very clean. I felt super comfy there.

Amal is a star, he is the one cleaning and receiving guests. Zubin, the manager, sometimes cooks for everybody as he organises dinners downstairs... He is an excellent cook and you won't regret to try his dishes, yummy :-) Both of them ended being my wee family while I was in Varkala. I miss them already, super nice guys and laid back, always up for a chat and a laugh!

The place is great value for money and you can use the kitchen facilities if you don't want to eat always outside. Decent wifi also and nice hammocks around the garden to chill out :) I love that place. I definitely will go back and stay there, it was pretty difficult to leave hehe. Best vibe in Varkala!!!!!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my own checking into a "dorm" thinking it would be more hostel vibes. Got there no one was around the house was empty, put my bag down and went out for the day. The "dorms" are a bed behind a big white floor length curtain, feels like you've been sectioned! So unlike a normal dorm bed you can't see other travellers and make conversation people were hidden behind curtains. House was silent, all a bit surreal. I ended up leaving a day early because the shower room was so gross, cockroaches flying around, mould, no water. Really weird experience all round!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel to me is perfectly well placed: hidden from the roads and close to cliff with cafe and restaurants and Varkala beach. I felt like at home, relaxed, safe, enjoyed my morning coffee and evening tea on the terrace, hiding from the midday heat in the cool room. I have spent great time in Varkala and this hotel played important part in it.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Nearby access to all the action of the North Cliff and warm and amenable staff. A varying selection of rooms, and dorms with a 2 room 4 balcony on the top. It's relaxed and easygoing and 'relaxed but willing' also perhaps applies to housekeeping. Zubin and his staff are always keen to help and made our stay a great experience. Thanks

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stayed at Rainbow on two separate visits to Varkala.

I stayed for the first time for 3 nights, and the next time for 5.

I loved staying at Rainbow because there is a really friendly atmosphere. We had a communal dinner one evening which was unbelievably delicious and amazing value for money.

The guys who run the place are really cool. They are welcoming, polite and helpful.

I got an amazing rate for my stays which was the best I found in all of Varkala for the amount of comfort I received.

I loved swinging on the hammock chair :).

There was nothing negative about my experience here.

I would like to add that I am not a fussy traveller. I accept gratefully all that I receive and choose to look for positives over negatives always.

Date of stay: March 2016