Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on my own checking into a "dorm" thinking it would be more hostel vibes. Got there no one was around the house was empty, put my bag down and went out for the day. The "dorms" are a bed behind a big white floor length curtain, feels like you've been sectioned! So unlike a normal dorm bed you can't see other travellers and make conversation people were hidden behind curtains. House was silent, all a bit surreal. I ended up leaving a day early because the shower room was so gross, cockroaches flying around, mould, no water. Really weird experience all round!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel to me is perfectly well placed: hidden from the roads and close to cliff with cafe and restaurants and Varkala beach. I felt like at home, relaxed, safe, enjoyed my morning coffee and evening tea on the terrace, hiding from the midday heat in the cool room. I have spent great time in Varkala and this hotel played important part in it.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Nearby access to all the action of the North Cliff and warm and amenable staff. A varying selection of rooms, and dorms with a 2 room 4 balcony on the top. It's relaxed and easygoing and 'relaxed but willing' also perhaps applies to housekeeping. Zubin and his staff are always keen to help and made our stay a great experience. Thanks

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stayed at Rainbow on two separate visits to Varkala.

I stayed for the first time for 3 nights, and the next time for 5.

I loved staying at Rainbow because there is a really friendly atmosphere. We had a communal dinner one evening which was unbelievably delicious and amazing value for money.

The guys who run the place are really cool. They are welcoming, polite and helpful.

I got an amazing rate for my stays which was the best I found in all of Varkala for the amount of comfort I received.

I loved swinging on the hammock chair :).

There was nothing negative about my experience here.

I would like to add that I am not a fussy traveller. I accept gratefully all that I receive and choose to look for positives over negatives always.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Had an opportunity to stay at Rainbow on a visit to my Managers place. It was a calm and quite place with lots of natural beauty and vegetation surrounding it. The service was excellent and the rooms were also comfortable. The owner Mr. Zubin was very welcoming and he was more than happy to guide us with the recommended places to visit. These guys really know to make the guests feel more at home. I would definitely recommend staying at Rainbow if you ever visit Varkala.

Date of stay: October 2016