All reviewspool view cottagethe cliffswimming poollovely poolyoga classeswalkable distancedeluxe roombeach resortceiling fansunbedskeralarajamassageproswardroberspeace
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I spent one night at the Preeth after I had the misfortune to book into the next door Shiva Garden (see separate review). The contrast couldn't have been greater. The staff here are professional and friendly. My room wasn't great but it was in a block that is being modernised and it was all they had available. It was clean with a decent bathroom. The bungalow rooms looked beautiful and the grounds and the swimming pool are fabulous. There is a little path from the pool area which allows you to take a short cut to the North Cliff restaurants. Even my basic room was a life saver after the horrible (and not much cheaper) accommodation next door, and had I not been moving on I would have happily stayed at the Preeth for longer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol16
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I visited this hotel three times, last time - In january 2012. I can say that the hotel is very comfortable and personnel is always freindly and professional. In addition to that Hotel has clean swiming pool always and restaurant with different kind of delicios food.

It was a wonderfull time and especially we enjoed aurveda massage.
Many thank from the the bottom of my heart to doctor Diuyaraui and masseurs for greate aurveda massage!

Ruzaeva Nadezda

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ONadi
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Have just returned from Varkala having stayed at Akhil Beach Resort again this year as part of the 'Shining Minds' yoga retreat group. The hotel rooms are being updated slowly nevertheless my little delux room was exactly same as last year. Comfortable and clean. Staff are so very helpful and always smiley, room staff are always willing to clean room when requested. We ate here a couple of times this year and can recommend the food especially the fish molley - yummy. Food a little more expensive than on the cliff but not too much. Will return, hopefully.

Room Tip: I took ear plugs to cut out various sounds. Didn't need mosquito plugs as the fans seem to keep them away.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamelala
Reviewed 14 February 2012

If i will not write a review for "Akhil" me and my family will feel guilty. excellent cottage,super garden helpfull staffs.especially front office staffs.even waiters they very helpfull with allways smily face.
We come for stay 3 nights but we stayed 3 more nights in a beutifull pool view cottage.
We booked room through akhil website.mail correspondence was excellent.
Beutifull surrrounding ,well maintaned garden.
we can tell all of you that very much attractive resort in varkala. thanks a lot to the management.

my kid she would like to come again akhil for play in pool.such a big and cleeeeeeeen pool.
Restaurant they keeping very clean.food was excellent.
All the wishes for AKHIL.........

Room Tip: Best and comfort stay in pool view cottage.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ebba c
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks this February and loved the peace and tranquility of this resort so near to the North Cliff with all its amenities. The rooms were clean and spacious and the pool excellent. We especially liked the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff The gardens were immaculate and the Ayuvedic centre in the grounds was an added bonus. We would definately recommend this resort to our friends who may visit Varkala in the future.

Room Tip: The Garden Cottages were very private and spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple