Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$54
eDreams$54
Agoda.com$54
Tripadvisor$54
ZenHotels.com
All reviews the cliff sea view wonderful place varkala television cottage
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019

We stayed in the new rooms across the road from reception so no sea view. The rooms were lovely though.Very modern and exceptionally clean with a huge comfortable bed. Beautiful bathroom. Lovely pool by the main hotel rooms overlooking the sea. Hatha Yoga between 8-9.30am. Shame it is not earlier as breakfast is between 8-10am.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2019

My brother recommended Krishnatheram to me and I am glad I heeded his advice. It is a place which will be etched in my mind for a long time…

The rooms were spick and span without the television set. It served the purpose well as we were there to rid yourselves of the hustle and bustle of the hectic lifestyle. Tranquillity awaited us…

The long walks along the beach which was a minute from our room was so therapeutic. And watching the sun rise and set was a timeless perfection for me and my wife. And not forgetting the breathtaking sea view from our room. The calming rhythm and flavourful sea breeze made our walks along the beach so memorable.

Krishnatheeram is strategically located in the midst of many amenities which included restaurants, sundry shops, souvenir shops, bookshops and many cafes. We could virtually walk to all these places within minutes.

The food was yummy and the restaurant staff were amiable. Philip, the steward served excellent coffee in his jovial self. Hospitality is so entrenched in Krishnatheeram’s culture. The staff from the top management to the humble workers made us feel at home.

Special thanks to the GM, Subin George who took it upon himself to mingle with the guests and attend to their individual needs, with his friendly chats and building rapport.
Also, Sanil Kumar is so efficient and professional in carrying his duty as the frontline manager. He was very accommodating and could provide answers to all our queries very expeditiously.

I will be back to soak up the wonderful experience again and highly recommend it to those who want to experience a laidback lifestyle surrounded by nature and friendly staff.

-Shaji Thomas & Sharon

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2019

Krishnatheeram Ayur Holy Beach Resort

Varkala

Varkala at its best...

We are very pleased to share our experience in Krishnatheeram.
The first night we stayed in the cottages nearer to the beach, which was an average experience (the room decor needs to improve along with cleanliness).
The extra bed - pillow cover was dirty, which we noticed the next day morning.
Hence, next night we shifted to their annexe which is on the immediate other side of the road. This room was great with regard to cleanliness, however we had to wait till 8am to have tea/coffee as the room didn't have kettle and the works.
Overall a great place - Varkala. We really loved the view from the pool area over the cliff...
Luckily got to glance at the full moon sky and the cliff walk was overwhelming.

Thanks Sanil - Manager, Krishnatheeram.
Philip - Steward
And the rest of the team.
Special Thanks to the Security chettan...

Reviewed 23 April 2019 via mobile

First thing is the location. Marvellous location just in the beach front. Pity is that there is no way to reach the beach as it's way down with lot of boulders. Still I could see some French ladies took the risk to enter the sea.
Cottages are average with little place for movement and equipped with bare toiletries.
Restaurant serves limited varieties but service is slow and the food is average.
Except the location every thing about this property is average.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

Was recommended here by my hotel for their treatments. I read the reviews and thought it was clean and we'll priced.
I went in to check out prices the office gave me a sheet with all treatments and prices. I went home and looked over what I wanted and opted for the shiro dhara treatment 60 minutes for 2500 rs, which is great, coming from Canada it's much more expensive there. I walked back to the clinic and asked if I could talk to the doctor (Saturday) he was not there so I then asked the girls if I could book an appointment for later that day. They said no and I assumed they were busy so I asked if I could make it for the next day (Sunday), the one girl then told me to come back at 12pm Sunday and I re-asked if I needed an appointment she said no.

The next day comes around and I show up and 12 and she tells me to come back at 5. At this point I'm annoyed becaus I asked for an appointment she said come at 12 and now I'm supposed to come at 5?. I refused and said no, you said yesterday this is the time.

So another girl comes and asks me what I want (knowing I'm in india, and mind you have been here for 2 months I understand the language barriers so I point to the treatment and I said yes and she said ok). So the treatment goes on, it was great got the shiro dhara. Now when I finish I come to pay and now she is talking with a man who also works here and all of a sudden they want me to pay 5000 rs. Absolutely not.

I explained what I told her, I was very clear and I ended up paying the real amount of 2500 rs. I walk into the office and there is a family in the office who by the sounds have been overcharged on something as well, double the price.

Although the treatment was good, I would recommend somewhere else to save the hassle of this, or get in direct contact with the doctor. It was disappointing to have to argue for a price that is clearly listed and known after something that I was looking forward to.

Trip type: Travelled solo