Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very nice pool in front of resort, it feels like varity of theam i everseen. Its mean pool never gives the privacy of the guest during day time becuase its closed by the public road. I only found the rooms are good especialy # 307.

Room tip: # 307 or # 301
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sijijohn
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Rendezvous Beach Resort advertises: "relaxing holidays with therapeutic spa, yoga, and ayurvedic treatment"...but fails to mention that is DOESN'T HAVE ANY OF THESE. It also claims to have a coffee shop and restaurant, and to say that they do would be very generous with a heavy dose of imagination...as they can make you a coffee, and they do have a kitchen, but usually I think of a restaurant as having menus and being open more than an hour or two a day, and I can make you a coffee but I wouldn't say I run a coffee shop. I guess I should just be happy this place has the pool it claims.

Basically it has nothing it claims, even the wifi, only available in the lobby, is spotty at best. All of this would be fine, if it charged 1/3 of the price and didn't post misleading information.

And it is too bad, as the location is pretty good (5-7 minutes to the beach walking), the hotel is clean and new, the rooms had a desk and a balcony, and the pool is nice. Not to mention the staff was very nice and generally tried to be helpful, but the manager/owner clearly dug them in a deep hole with his false promises.

All in all, we would have preferred to rent a much cheaper room down the street and book our own spa days. I can't recommend it without major changes, hopefully no one else will show up to this major disappointment.

Room tip: Doesn't have what they advertise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nate H
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 4,000 rupees a night here as our big year end splurge for New Years. I was thrilled to be able to do yoga, enjoy the spa and then get a latte all before hitting the beach. But when we showed up- I asked where the spa was. He told me it's down the street. Yoga? They have a mat, I could go up on the roof. I didn't even bother asking about the coffee shop. We had hot water only one of our four days and bizarrely the bottom bed sheet only covers half the bed so your feet are on the dirty mattress. The wifi is weak and can only be accessed from the lobby (or the "restaurant" which is just where they serve breakfast), We enjoyed the pool but otherwise were very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We were looking for a quiet, reasonably priced hotel in Varkala and we found the perfect spot in the form of Rendezvous, where we had some of the best nights' sleep in four months of travel in our peaceful room, overlooking the palm trees.

The rooms are extremely clean and serviced every day; the breakfasts (with both Keralan and Western options) are freshly made and plentiful; and the staff are very sweet and do everything they can to help you enjoy your stay. The lovely clean pool at the front of the hotel is a real added treat too- my partner and I were lucky enough to have it to ourselves throughout and it was the perfect place to relax and keep cool.

This is a new hotel that is still developing its routines to some extent but its very resonable price and good facilities more than compensate for this. Many thanks to all the staff at the hotel for a wonderful stay- you really made our trip to Varkala and if we ever return to the area, we will certainly be back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple