Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This hostel is located in amazing Varkala, the place you never want to leave! I met so many fun people here, and had an amazing time. The staff are helpful and friendly, and its close to the beach and restaurants. The dorms are okay for the price, its the vibe at the hostel you come here for! :)

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I booked a room for 2 of us for new year's eve with hotels.com India. The evening before I got an odd email message asking about the 'status' of my reservation. I replied to say that we planned to arrive the following evening and would see them then. At 9.54am on the day of our booking, the hotel owner emailed me to say that he had overbooked due to an accident. I was told that he could accommodate us in a 'better room' in his friend's guesthouse called mango guesthouse. I didn't pick the message up until 4pm when I was connected to wifi, just as I was about to leave my last hotel on a tuck tuck to the station to pick up the train to Varkala. The accommodation where I was staying kindly offered to ring heavenly breeze. We accepted the offer of the alternative guest house as it was New Year's Eve, our train was booked, and we had no time to arrange anything else. Mango guesthouse on the internet looked fine - there were 2 and they both looked okay. When we eventually found a 'mango guesthouse' down a path, the owner took us to another mango guesthouse nearby. It wasn't either of the guesthouses on the internet. The room was quite dire. There was no top sheet. Only one thin towel between 2 of us. A kitchen at the back of the bedroom that we didn't want. It wasn't very clean. We had booked a room that came with breakfast, mineral water, free wifi and toiletries. None of this was provided. It was centrally located and the staff helped with our bags, apart from that it had nothing to recommend it. It was a place that youngsters on a lower budget than us were staying, and no doubt for a fraction of the amount we paid. The next day on checkout we asked for a discount because the room wasn't what we had ordered. They eventually agreed a small discount. I accept that people can get ill and mistakes with booking can be made. However when this happen the hotel owner should tell the guest with an apology as soon as possible. If the alternative room being offered is of an inferior quality, a better price should be offered. I regret I felt scammed. Hotels.com India sent me a message asking for a review. I sent them a similar review to this. They appear not to have published it. Maybe they only publish the good ones.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Heavenly Breeze is a wonderful place. I was there three years ago for a week and again three weeks ago. I stayed there nearly two months this time. In this two months I became friends with Alsin, the owner, Raj, the cook and Gautam, who does everything. They are very nice people and it is their first aim to make ones stay as comfortable as possible. They are always there, you can ask them anything and they try to make it happen.

The guest house is clean, has very good food (preetha cooks amazing). It is only 5 minutes walk to the beach, when you know the shortcut. It is very quiet, in the front rooms are mostly travellers and in the back there are more families and couples. Every room has a very nice terasse with comfortable chairs and a table.

I really enjoyed my stay and I miss them already very much!

Room tip: The rooms at the back are quieter
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is good basic, cheap accommodation, great for meeting new people and socialising , very close to the beach and all the resteraunts on North cliff. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nightmare to find , take a Tuk Tuk or taxi from Varkala station, 100 rupees .

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Great location, if you leave from the back entrance you'll be on the cliff in seconds. Met a lot of cool people there and it was the perfect place for solo travellers. Staff are friendly and helpful. Great place to stay in Varkala!

Date of stay: January 2017