6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Site$135
Priceline$135
Expedia.com$136
Hotels.com$136
Travelocity$136
Hurb$139
1,058 results
All reviews taj group taj standards swimming pool the general manager the cliff travel desk front office gm mr sea view breakfast spread restaurant staff nice property lovely pool excellent hospitality small hotel pleasant stay tuk tuk
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2022

The hotel is below average and I would not rate it even rate 3 stars and we came here just for Taj !! Breakfast display was not great. No butter , honey and we had to ask and they got butter in a bowl instead of sachets. Food quality not up to mark . Not good service either what is expected from Taj
We had 4 rooms and the bed linen in 1 -2 rooms was torn and in few places stitched. Had to ask for face towels as only bath towels were provided.

Date of stay: November 2022
Gateway Varkala, Sales at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2022

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Gateway Varkala!

We regret to note that some of your experiences with the hotel was not up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the same. Please be assured that we value this negative feedback and will use the same where improvements could be implemented.

Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We have had detailed discussions with the Departmental Heads along with the team members. We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services that we aspire towards.

We do look forward to an opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 16 November 2022 via mobile

Beautiful property... Great pool view
Great service by all staff... Always helpful and keen to do stuff
They helped on a lot of extra stuff
Very accomodative
Good vegetarian spread in breakfast
Access to beach was not open due to rains... But beach isn't very far

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr. Chandak,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your detailed review of our hotel.
It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Varkala.
I am delighted to note that overall you enjoyed your visit to our hotel and the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction. I have personally shared your feedback with all our Associates. I am glad that you have carried with you happy memories of your stay with us.

With my kind regards

Reviewed 8 November 2022

There were many deficiencies, listing down some of them
1. Torn bed sheet (from many sides).
2. Uncomfortable pillows (very big in size)
3. No small towels (napkins) in bathroom. had to ask for them
4. No TV popular channels (like- Sab TV, colors, CNBC, Zee etc). we had to ask for them
5. Low menu items in Breakfast
6. extremally poor dinner service. long wait etc

NOT AT ALL WORTH FOR AMOUNT I HAD SPEND.
HIGHLLY NOT RECOMMENDED CATEGORY

Room tip: ask friends before you book any hotels
Date of stay: November 2022
Gateway Varkala, Sales at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2022

Dear Mr. Mantri,

Thank you for sparing time and posting your detailed review of our hotel.
Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We rely on the constructive feedback of our Guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services that we aspire towards. I have discussed in detail with my Team Members and taken corrective measures to address these issues. We assure you that we will be more sensitive to your needs in future.

Reviewed 7 November 2022 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of days. The welcome was nice and the staff had been courteous throughout. Mr Cariappa ,Shibin and Nikesh were attentive and helpful. The food at the restaurant needs significant improvement though.
Location is great..We would visit again..Cheers!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing time and posting your detailed review of our hotel.
Please be assured that your feedback on food has been taken seriously and will be put to good use.
With my kind regards

Reviewed 31 October 2022 via mobile

The food is pathetic with a spread which is lesser than a 2 star hotel.
The rooms have run down furniture and cheap toiletries. The location isn’t good, far from everything-cliff, beach, sightseeing, restaurants!
For 12k per night, I felt cheated.
Wouldn’t recommend spending this kind of money for this kind of experience at all!

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gateway Varkala, Sales at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2022

Dear Ms. Sonam,

Greetings from Gateway Varkala!

Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning Guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services that we aspire towards.

Your patronage at Gateway Varkala is extremely important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Gateway Varkala and will make sure that you have a pleasant and memorable experience.

I do apologise once again for any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime should you require any assistance.