Lowest prices for your stay
$108
Booking.com$108
Hotels.com$108
Travelocity$108
1,013 results
All reviews taj group taj standards table tennis badminton court swimming pool the general manager the cliff front office travel desk gm mr sea view restaurant staff nice property excellent hospitality memorable stay papanasam beach his team
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

The hotel staff were very professional and mild. The hotel felt like a real vacation as it was silent, calm and serene. The rooms were quite clean. The breakfast buffet was catered to us, guess there were very little guests at the point of time.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gateway Varkala -IHCL SeleQtions, General Manager at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2022

Dear Sir

Greetings from Gateway Varkala!

This is always a pleasure to hear the words of appreciation from guests like you, who spare time out and write about the associates and overall services. I am extremely sorry that you had a very disappointing experience while dining with us. I assure you that corrective steps are taken so that we do not have feedback like this.

We look forward to welcome you once again. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed 10 January 2022

The stay was very good .We had a good time as a family .The staff was very courteous just what I have expect at the Taj. Book yourself at Taj and one cannot go wrong. We stayed for one night .Everything was a breeze from check in to check out. I would have preferred better spread for breakfast but considering that we could eat in the restaurant itself these days was a big thing

Room tip: sea facing room
Date of stay: January 2022
Gateway Varkala -IHCL SeleQtions, General Manager at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2022

Dear Mr Sasheendran

Reviewed 7 January 2022 via mobile

Away from the rabble of North cliff. Old property but we'll maintained. The staff is well trained and efficient. Ideal choice if you need peaceful quiet stay. Papanasam Beach is about 500 m away. This place however won't give you a 'on the beach' feel as there is no visual and physical connect to the beach front.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gateway Varkala -IHCL SeleQtions, General Manager at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2022

Dear Mr Vaishalip

Reviewed 29 December 2021

Very good property, located closely to most of the activities. Very clean, good hospitality. I would like to thanks staff Nixon, Dipin and others in the cafe who took care of us well with all the needs. Also Sudheep helped all the way from our day one to last day. I really thank all the staffs.....

Date of stay: December 2021
Gateway Varkala -IHCL SeleQtions, General Manager at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2021

Dear Mr Csundaram

Reviewed 22 December 2021

We stayed for 2 nights in the Sea view room at Gateway Varkala between 13th to 15th December. First of all the property is at an excellent location and really well maintained.

The rooms were large and spacious and the balcony was pretty roomy too. The staff is very courteous and always greet you with a smile. Right from the reception, to the security, to the pool guy and the restaurant manager, everyone took great care of us. Overall the service was top notch.

Will definitely recommend this property to my friends, family and colleagues and if we ever visit Varkala again would surely stay there.

Only thing to nitpick would be the centralised AC temperature due to Covid restrictions - It went down only to 22-23 degrees and that too in the night, so maybe we can improve on that as on other Taj properties and hotels we stayed in they didn't have this restriction.

Room tip: Choose the sea view rooms for a good pool and sea view.
Date of stay: December 2021
Gateway Varkala -IHCL SeleQtions, General Manager at Gateway Varkala - IHCL SeleQtions, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2021

Dear Guest
It is indeed a pleasure to read a positive feedback from esteemed guests. I truly thank you and assure you that we will continue the hard work . On behalf of the team I once again thank you .

Kindest Regards