Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

Picked up by a rickshaw driver at the train station that advises me that this is a good place to stay. I inspect the room which is spacious n clean with AC. Once checked in I head out to see the beach. Upon arrival i see that someone has been into the room which was locked by me and taken out the remote for AC. I turn the fan on which is barely moving - pathetic. To access wifi i have to sit outside at the corner of the my lodge. I see that there are other places which are offering better rooms for half the price. After complaining within an hr of checking in the owners son demands i pay up. I tell him that they are operating a dishonest business and robbing me. He quickly drops the price. Knowing that this was a scam i pack my bags and leave with putting money on the table. If i could report them to the tourist police i would but knowing this is india i doubt anything will come of this. So sincerely to anyone thinking of staying here please avoid supporting a business that doesnt honour goodwill and are corrupt. Many better places around. Peace

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2014

We stayed here in Nov. 14 for five nights (on both floors). The rooms were quite big, with enough space for everything. Also they are clean, with a place to hang your laundry in front of the rooms. All rooms have a place to sit outside on the balcony / terrace, and a garden with two hammocks to relax. Cliffs, restaurants, shops and the beaches are near by (max. 5 min. to walk). The restaurant directly in front of New Heaven offers a good breakfast & dinner, which is useful, as there is no food directly at the guesthouse. The owner is very helpful, if you need anything (we rented scooters (with helmets & documentes, if needed & wanted) and also stored our luggage for one night, when we were away). He also gave us an extra mattress to stay with three people in the double-room.
So all in all, a very relaxing & nice place, where it is easy to stay longer than planned.

Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed in Newheaven during a brief trip to Varkula this year. The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable with a balcony, ensuite, wifi and ceiling fan. There's a nice atmosphere and a great location close to Black beach and the strip of restaurants and bars along the cliff-top.
What impressed me the most about Newheaven was the attitude of owner Najmudeen and his family - who went to great lengths to provide great service. I found then charming and extremely helpful throughout my stay and later, when I realised I'd left belongings in my room, they were kind enough to pack and send them all the way to the UK. What sweethearts!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I checked out heaps of places and this was the best budget option. Black beach which has the best beach and swimming is 2 min walk. Rooms clean spacious really nice sheets and towels. Quiet, large balcony with wifi and swinging chairs with views through palm trees to ocean. Great restaurant with awesome views and the lovely Madu.

Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank sandysun2
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Not really a "resort" but the location was great and the rooms were spotless and spacious, important when it's hot! Bathrooms inside. The rooms on the ground floor will be at least 300 rupees cheaper. We paid 500 a night (low season). Not too sure what the other review was going on about the owner being a crook...? He and his wife were more than lovely on our visit.

Date of stay: March 2013