Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed in Newheaven during a brief trip to Varkula this year. The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable with a balcony, ensuite, wifi and ceiling fan. There's a nice atmosphere and a great location close to Black beach and the strip of restaurants and bars along the cliff-top.
What impressed me the most about Newheaven was the attitude of owner Najmudeen and his family - who went to great lengths to provide great service. I found then charming and extremely helpful throughout my stay and later, when I realised I'd left belongings in my room, they were kind enough to pack and send them all the way to the UK. What sweethearts!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I checked out heaps of places and this was the best budget option. Black beach which has the best beach and swimming is 2 min walk. Rooms clean spacious really nice sheets and towels. Quiet, large balcony with wifi and swinging chairs with views through palm trees to ocean. Great restaurant with awesome views and the lovely Madu.

Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank sandysun2
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Not really a "resort" but the location was great and the rooms were spotless and spacious, important when it's hot! Bathrooms inside. The rooms on the ground floor will be at least 300 rupees cheaper. We paid 500 a night (low season). Not too sure what the other review was going on about the owner being a crook...? He and his wife were more than lovely on our visit.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Varakala is teaming with places to stay and you could pick any number of them depending on what you are looking for. We chose the New Heaven because we could find the phone number and make a reservation ahead of time. It turned out to be a great choice. The hotel is situated at the north end of the cliffs where it is a quieter and less busy than a few hundred meters south. I found this perfect. You can either head south down the cliff to the large, popular beach, or, closer to the north there are pockets of sandy beach such as Blacks Beach that are less crowded (but not as nice waves). There is a good restaurant just between the hotel and the beach (but to the side -- you can still see the water from the rooms); or there are practically a million more a short walk away. The rooms are spacious and clean with netting on the windows so you can let in fresh air w/out letting in mosquitoes. The ceiling fan makes the room quite comfortable. There is both hot and cold water (hot only for a bucket bath, cold for bucket or shower) but we found we never wanted hot water. The owners don't speak a lot of English but communication was never a problem and the workers did sweet things like bring our kids fresh coconuts while harvesting on the property. Overall, a good value for a simple but great room.

Room tip: upper rooms have a better view
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I visited New Heaven resort this christmas (2012) and to my opinion, this is the best place to stay at in Varkala beach!
New heaven is situated at the north cliff in the end of the long stroll. This part of Varkala beach does not have that many tourist like there is at the south part and it is near to the black beach which is the best beach to hang around at.
We had a seaview and could sleep to the sound of the waves in the night. New heaven is a familyrun hotel. We had breakfast including, sometimes continental and sometimes traditionel Kerala breakfast. The rooms is big, clean and very nice. They also can provide 24 hour taxiservice to resonable prices. Nearby is Luna Azul café which is a very nice restaurang with excellent food.
Me and my two kids had a wonderful christmas here for five days (the best stay during our holiday in India) and I can really recommend New heaven!

Date of stay: December 2012