Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
StayForLong
All reviews clafoutis the cliff seafood varkala toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2022 via mobile

No way is this a 3star property, not even by a stretch of imagination. Neither is it worth 3.5-4k for the room that we stayed in. It's more of 1.5-2k range kind of a room. The linen and the towels were clean, the room and the bathroom were clean and the location was bang on the famous Verkala Cliff overlooking the beach. That's all. Nothing more. The approach to this property is extremely narrow. The rooms are quite small for the price. They give no toiletries except a couple of mini herbal soaps. They don't have in room tea or coffee sachets. Yes, they gave us a electric kettle when we requested for it. They don't serve complimentary breakfast for the price that they charge. They staff roams around without any mask and neither do they sanitise what they touch in the room. There's hardly any space outside the room and we had people from the next room standing outside our room to look at the sea because that was the only space available.
All in all, it was quite disappointing.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Worst experience ever.
They misbehave with you if your room gets dirty. The worst thing is that they ill-treat you. Never ever come to this place if you to cool down your mind. They will give head ache. If your room gets dirty, then ask you to clean the room and they say no other way is there such as fine. They will not let you go until you clean the room. After that they will say w can't let others to get in this room because you didn't clean well. "Saala mein yaha hotel me customer banke aaya hu ya inka naukar". Again misbehave. I cleaned the room but now they show their true colors. They will say now pay fine. I said - "What did I hear?". Again I cleaned the room but they keep telling not cleaned yet. Finally, they saw that I not paying fine and that's reasonable I have cleaned, why should I pay fine now but they are stubborn as buffalo. They don't want to retain customers.

One guy throw the broom to me and it hit me. I kept telling the guy to say sorry for what he did but no he didn't.

If you want to spoil your vacation, then you are good to go and book rooms at Clafouti Beach Resort.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Pranav2764
Reviewed 3 February 2020

A bit run down, the air conditioner didnt work well, but the view is fabulous and the location is not to be beat. Too expensive even for India, they should lower the price. Great restaurant onsite. Beautiful beach.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank rjaffelieb
Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

Clafouti is perched on top of Varkala cliff with a magnificent sight overlooking the sea. Good English breakfast. It's an okay place to stay. Bed linen and towels not very best. Breakfast was not complimentary though

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CLASMOTS
Reviewed 21 October 2019

We had stayed for two days. In off season I have booked it. The room is very small even cupboard was not there.We had to ask even for the basic toiletry everyday. No room service, no daily cleaning of room, for setting the bedding we had to ask every time to send someone. Didn't change the towels everyday and when we have asked to change the towel they just left the new towel on the bed but didn't take back the used wet towels with them as you can see in below attached pic. Even I asked for an extra blanket they don't have manners, I was sitting outside on terrace and was on call the room service person came and gave it in my hand instead of putting it on bed and also the extra blanket was so stingy that I cant even breath, also they provide a bike on rent but it's in a condition like service is not done from decades and we were worried all the way that if it stops what will we do. Overall we had a pathetic experience and this place ruined our trip. I would not recommend anyone to stay here ever.

Date of stay: October 2019