All reviews perfect place mosquito net highly recommend this place sonia dorm hammocks swing accommodation india yoga homestay solo therapies soul cliffs retreat
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Hi,

I came to know about shiva garden through some traveler’s forum..Initially I was bit skeptical about the place but I was wrong in all possible means..Shiva garden is one of the best places I have stayed in wile I was on a holiday..In a town where there are almost 300 resorts/hotels..Shiva garden stands right on top, and different from the rest..I have stayed in 5* hotels in India and in Europe but staying at Shiva garden was an equally good experience.

The place in nice, clean and with lots of greenery..the owner Jayan is a gentleman and a very sensible, well mannered person. I have met very few people like him. He has maintained the place well and even in off season, the service remains perfect. He would take you around places you have never seen before and yeah the food cooked at Shiva garden is 'DAMN TASTY'..Every one going to Varkala has to stay there.

All in all, I had a wonderful experience there..I say if you want peace in its true meaning, Shiva garden is the place for you..

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Anand_Wanderlover
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I have found "Shiva Garden" online while researching accomodation for my August/September 2009 trip. It was the right choice. I felt very much at home and enjoyed my days in Varkala very much.
I was back in India in December, this time with hubby, and there was no question that we also want some chillout time in Varkala and of course stay in "Shiva Garden" again.
It's really a lovely place and it is always hard to leave....what makes it easier is to know that I will come back, for sure.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Me and a friend of mine went backpacking in Kerala and Shiva garden was the first place we stayed in. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but ended up staying for 4 because of how much we loved the place. Jayan the owner was the kindest, most respectful man I met in India. He picked us up when we were soaked and chilled with us all the time. He gave us much useful advice and recommendations. Through-out our trip we've stayed in many homestays all over Kerala but didn't find one that was comparable to Shive garden. When we were heading back to Trivandrum from Goa we missed Jayan and the garden so much that we just had to stop at Varkala to stay for one more night. He let us in at 2 a.m. and the next day dropped us off at the airport.
Thank you Jayan and Vinod. We will never forget you!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nasrawi
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Jayan is a fine host - very helpful, very well-mannered, very kind.

The place itself is very comfortable (nice beds, rooms, etc) and designed so that guests can enjoy the garden outside.

Here it feels like I am staying in a home, not in a hotel. It's lovely here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We spent a wonderful 12 days at shiva gardens, it was hard to pull our selves away. We want to say a big thank you to all at shiva for making our stay so much fun.

The covered outside area was perfect for meeting other people and a great place for just chilling and Reading. A few minutes from the beach too, just perfect! Shiva was well within our budget too as we're travelling around for some time. Oh and the wooden boat trip on the backwaters was great too, very peaceful.

We would reccommend it to everyone!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple