This perfect place to while away your time in Varkala (when not on the beach).
The place has a quiet and pretty garden, a kitchen that can provide Southern Indian breakfast dishes, main meals, fruit juices, etc. and really friendly, helpful staff. The garden’s communal area also made meeting and socialising with other guests easy.
I stayed in the dorm - it’s fairly basic (you’re under a mosquito net, in a space with a roof but walls open to the elements), but it was clean, the beds were reasonable and it was nice to wake up to birdsong in the morning. It may not always be the slickest operation, but the whole place has a lovey homespun charm that definitely contributed to me extending my stay in Varkala.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHIVA GARDEN is one among the most reputed home stays in Varkala. Perched near a majestic red cliff overlooking the Arabian Sea, this charming home stay offers many warm hospitable services as well as a fantastic garden view. Here we have a magnificent garden growing many famous Ayurvedic plants and trees, surrounding the resort. Guests are only minutes away from the famous 2000 years old Janardhana Swamy Temple, Kappil beach and Angengo Fort built by the British East India company in the 17th century. Shiva Garden is the perfect base for leisure and you may never forget this in your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Yatra, ClearTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Shiva Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shiva Garden Hotel Varkala
- Shiva Garden Varkala, Kerala